IN NEED OF A NEW YORK BIRD DEALER

So next week I'm ordering my new Bird, the dealer I'm dealing with is very nice and I'm going to make the drive. My last Bird I was able to buy in New York because in 2012 they allowed what Phoenix called "non stocking dealers" sell their boats. Now I am forced to drive about 200 miles minimum to the closest dealer to buy a bird. It amazes me that there are no New York state Phoenix dealers especially where I live "CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE".

To give a idea we are 15 minutes drive from Oneida Lake, 2hours drive to the north to the Thousand Islands, 3 hours drive to the west to ERIE, 1 hour drive to CAYUGA lake and about 3 hours drive to Champlain. All bodies of water that I mentioned are stops on BASS ELITE, FLW tour, COST, BASS OPEN, and many BFL or ABA RAM SERIES not just once and a while but every year!!!! In fact the 1000 Islands Elite has broke every attendance record ever set 2 years in a row and there is a reason Champlain is called the Champions choice.

The thing that amazes me the most is that if you drive to Pennsylvania where you are no where close to any tournament caliber body of water you can buy any brand of Boat you want.

So please someone open a Bird store dead center of NYS................

The intersection of interstate 81 and interstate 90 "NYS thru way" would get lots of bass angler traffic

2. Member
    I've said this same thing for years now. It amazes me too there are no dealers here. It would definitely make it much more convienent for us in this area. I think it's probably all about finding the right people and business to deal with for Phoenix. There really aren't a lot of bass boat dealers left in NY, which is disappointing.

On a positive note, there are great Phoenix dealers out there who are super knowledgeable and offer excellent customer service. I drove 10 hours to Wieda's Marine in Kentucky and will make the drive again if I can buy a new Bird in the future. Great folks to deal. I've told them several times to open a Wieda's North here in NY lol.

Congrats on your new Bird...can't wait to see it finished!
    Last edited by tjstack; 09-24-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    They've looked around just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Call Reynolds they're close

That would be nice! In the meantime I would highly recommend Reynolds, about 4 hours from you - Tom, Bryan and Andy are all great to work with. Not only good with the boats but all the accessories and rigging too - electronics, trolling motors, poles, talons etc. Tom is also a very serious tourney angler so he gets it. I bought my Skeeter from them in 2011 and just bought a new PHX. October 28th they are having a big open house event - Brett Ehler, Brandon Palaniuk and Davy Hite will be there. Seminars and test rides - good time to check them out!
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

5. Member
    I bought my PHX at Reynolds, good experience so far

6. Member
    Reynold's all the way! I've purchased many new boats there. Great people

7. Member
    yes that where my deal is going to be done. Still can't believe no New York dealers with the amount of HUGE national event type tournaments held in NEW YORK every single year.