Anybody use the Minn Kota Universal Sonar 2?

Just got an Ultrex and thinking about buying the adapter to use the US2 integrated transducer with my Echomap 93. I'll lose the down view, but get rid of the interference. Opinions?

2. Member
    Need more info. Is the 93 chirp or non-chirp? dv or sv? Which garmin transducer do you have? What is the interference problem you are having?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    chirp, GT52 (pretty sure), just typical interference, get a spike on the screen when pressing the tm, I can live with it, but just curious if anybody has used or is using the integrated transducer n the tm...

with the stop lock on the Ultrex the tm is almost constantly powered which means there are numerous interference spikes on my unit...

On your spike..try running a seperate ground wire to your trolling motor and see if it helps.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I'm currently trying to figure out a huge interference problem with the built in US2 transducer on my MK on a 93sv.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=849069

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I'm currently trying to figure out a huge interference problem with the built in US2 transducer on my MK on a 93sv.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=849069
    Dang, that sucks...at least your good with the original Garmin transducer. I can live with it if I have to, but like I said, with spot lock constantly powering the tm it kind of looks like your pic, I'm gonna try some adjustments next time on the water and see if I can knock it back a bit...

Use the GT52. The chirp will work then. US2 TD are generic non chirp/non Di and kinda suck with 30 year old technology.

8. Banned
    do yourself a favor and forget the us2 transducer exists

9. Member
    Have a US 2 connected to a 54sx , networked to a 1040sx, no interference on either unit. Got luck?

10. Member
    i love the us2 sonar. It is much better than it used to be, keeps the weight and wires to a minimum, and you dont have to worry about hitting it on stuff when fishing shallow.
    2017 Phoenix 920 ProXP, with Evinrude 250HO G2 and 8" Power Poles