Question OK IM NEW HERE! and need the best advice....GO.....or at least pls help.

Let me start with I have been apart of a few forums in my day. this is my first bass boat one. ive owned a few bass boats but this one is by far my fav. I have a 95 20ft jav with a 93 225 Johnson on the back. I love the boat. I also love to tinker. I bought it with a few small issues and have fixed all of them and found a few more. I have a few Q's I'm hoping anyone can shed some light on. ive bee thumbing through the forums and am pretty sure I have most of this figured out.

1. my tilt trim will not always go to the tip top. (I have to lift it sometimes a 1/4 in. to clear the motor lock/rest) but if I take it all the way to the bottom most of the time it will go all the way up. is it wiring or a bleeding prob. wich takes me to my 2nd Q.

2. I can bleed my power tilt and trim by topping it off then cycling the eng all the way up and down with pauses in between each full run then at the top lock it and recheck and fill if needed. is this correct.

post your question on the Johnson/Evinrude page and one of the techs will help you out...also include your engine model number. This lets them know exactly what motor you are asking about. Engine model number can be found on a plate near the motor mount/trim area.

ash here...http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

1. Could be neither. There is a trim limiter ring that can be adjusted. It is on the tilt tube.
    2. I think so.
    3. Follow JR19's advice and post it on the Johnson/Evinrude forum.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

4. Member
    Thanks everyone i will post there later tonight. And thanks again for getting back to me.