Thread: Pro xs hours

Pro xs hours

Say I buy a pro xs with 300 hours on it and put 100 more on it every year. How long could I expect this thing to last assuming regular maintenance?

Below is a recent response from BassCat on their Owner's Board regarding this topic. I found it reassuring as I am racking up over 100 hours/year on mine.

"We seen motors last from 0 to 2800 hours and more on 2 strokes. The most common number we start concerning ourselves with is about 1500 hours. Sure there are those that run out before that and the number there is a wide berth of range. On direct injection we find if they last beyond 400 hours then they usually run a long time. On EFI and Carb motors we've seen them into the 3000 hour mark. We start watching reeds and compression if they get to 900 hours.

We have seen much more power and compression issues on engines that have sat for a long time, as in 2 years or more. These engines must be slowly run as if they were new with a break in time. The rings are loose and lose seating after sitting. You fire up the engine and run it like you stole it after sitting in Grandpa's garage for three years, and they will prematurely break. We have seen that one dozens of times. "

3. Member
    hard to tell /well maintained many years/ lots more info on that mtr in 3.0L section
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................