Question Helix 9 Mega and Ultrex

Has anyone installed a HB Mega transducer on an Ultrex tm? Seems to be working fine on Fortrex, but HB tech would not say if would work on a Ultrex head. Thought I read somewhere about interference issues. Appreciate you help and feedback.

2. Member
    Yes. I used the transducer shield and saver and am happy. Minor interference at times. Not enough to make me dig into things too deep. Getting great results.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    My response is second hand but, a friend got a 9 mega with a ulterra. I know it is not exactly the same. However especially on Mega frequencies he had bad interference and Minn Kota/HB had him try bout a dozen different things(chokes ,various things including a New Ulterra) After about 6 weeks into the mission they sent him what they called the"trolling motor Mega transducer". He installed it and Bingo, Problem solved. I have not seen any announcement or a transducer model for a trolling motor model on the HB site but thinking a mention might shorten the mission. Bob

4. Member
    I have a Helix 10 mega chirp g2n transducer mounted on my Ultrex 80 link with the Transducer shield saver! Everything fits fine and no interference issues!!!!!

5. Member
    Thanks for your feedback.... will look into transducer shield saver

6. Member
    Thanks.... I will check with HB again. I got my mega 9 in Jan 17 for troll motor. At that time, they didn't offer a TM transducer, only an adapter for TM mount. Initially HB had TM adapter on B/o with a late Jan avail (no problem, right). I finally got tm adapter mid April after several follow ups. In the meantime, I hooked up mega unit to transom to see what MEGA looked like in March. Had some minor interference with chirp and no temp readings. It was late April/E May before I received replacement transducer. Temp worked and minor interference gone.

7. Member
    Thanks.... need to look into transducer shield/saver

8. Member
    Doubt that the TS&S alone can prevent interference (RFI) but yes the MEGA transducer will physically fit on the Ultrex TM. Need to ensure enough slack in the transducer cable for movement and similar to mounting on a MK Fortrex. What works on one boat interference free may not work on the next.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

This thread has a picture of a MEGA SI transducer on an Ultrex using the Transducer Shield and Saver mount:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=848718
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Banned
    And I’ve got zero interference without ferrite rings or anything