Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    Would this also be a direct replacement and allow me to use my current helm and hoses?
    I'll be calling Don to do this when it's time.
    Champion 206
    250XB

2. Member
    The Merc cylinder is nice . Got one from Don

3. Member
    Anyone have install instructions/tips that did the swap to the UFlex? Direct bolt on? Looking to get one, will order from Don.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

4. Member
    Install was simple and direct. Installation method and parts are nearly identical to the SeaStar cylinder, no issues with fit. Bleeding was bubble free much more quickly than with the SeaStar system. I’ve only it about a month but tentatively I will never own another SeaStar system. Fit/finish/look/feel were all better with the Mercury branded cylinder I received from Don.

5. Member
    Thanks James. Did you replace just the cylinder, or did you replace hoses and helm as well? I'm looking to replace just the cylinder while using my existing helm and hoses. Would like to do a simple swap and not have to run new lines to the helm.

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

6. Member
    I used my existing helm and hoses and changed only the cylinder. The uflex cylinder sits just a little higher/closer to the motor so I did have to loosen my thru-cap hose fittings to let out about 3/4” more hose but that was the only thing “extra” I had to do. Everything else was direct bolt for bolt.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    What is the part # of the Uflex replacement cylinder you used?

8. Member
    Technically it was a Mercury part # as I understand the seals to be an upgrade over the stock Uflex cylinder. I will have to look at the box but I will get it. The Uflex cylinder body part is UC128OBF-1 but again the Mercury part you can get from Don has a heavier seal package and it looks so much nicer with that Mercury badge on it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12