recarpeting triton 20x3

Okay guys what kind of carpet are you guys using to recarpet your boats and what kind of prices are yall seeing to get someone to do them? Also is padding under front deck a good option to add that will last or does it look good for a year then start looking bad?
    Phillipians 4:13-For I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me

2. Member
    Tritons cone with 20oz carpet. So basscat or bassboatseats.com sell it. The front deck padding is worth it's weight in gold. To have it done your looking at 1300-1600 bucks.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    If I was going to do one it would have basscat carpet with the padded deck

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    If I was going to do one it would have basscat carpet with the padded deck
    Thats all good and the best carpet out there but on a boat that came with 20oz when you stray away from that its an uphill battle- the lids dont fit, cant tuck it in spots where its tucked etc.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    I did my Gambler 2100 with 20oz carpet from the bassboatseats.com. I purchased my carpet around black friday, and they were running a sale (15 or 20% off purchase). The carpet was about $300, and I used 1 gallon of DAP weldwood contact cement (~$30 per gallon). I also used some 3M 90 spray adhesive on some of the lid edges. I did not pad my decks due to cost/time, but it would have been nice. I was happy with the carpet quality. You can save yourself a lot of money if you are willing to do the job yourself, but it is time consuming.

6. Member
    FYI, This past winter, I re-carpeted my TR21 with 24 ounce from bassboatseats. Used DAP weldwood contact cement in the boat and 3M spray on the lids also. The 24ounce wasn't much harder to use and looks great.