Need a little help???

I'm looking for a place to stay with the family in early October around the western side of lake Erie (Sandusky to Cleveland). It doesn't have to be right on the lake, the wife wants to sight-see and the boys want to fish. I would prefer a cottage or cabin.

Thanks,
    Chester

Chester: The places I have stayed near on Marblehead across the bay from Sandusky cater more to fishermen. If I had the wife and kids along, I would stay on the Sandusky side of the bay in one of the chain motels.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    The wife (boss) wants to stay around Geneva-on-the-Lake area. any ideas for that area....

Yes, the lodge at Geneva state park. Very nice rooms and good restaurant. Also, plenty to see and do for the family in Geneva.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments