Dusting off the clubs.

Hard to believe it has been 12 yrs. since i played, kids are getting up some age now so might be getting back to dad time. Walked nine the other day and it was tough out there.

I just started again after 13 years or so too. I love it and hate it at the same time. And I need some lessons.....

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

3. Member
    I understand, use to no where the ball was going.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Yep, go get a lesson. That will speed up the process.

It had been 24 years since I picked up the clubs again in 2010. The biggest issues I had were flexibility issues due to age and issues with rotation of my left hip due to an old injury.
    I'm big on working on my own swing to get it right but if you're not and want quicker results lessons would be a good shortcut.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The problem with working on your own swing is what you think you feel you are doing is usually not what is happening. I've been teaching this game for 20 years and I lost my swing in 1999 and struggled trying to fix it myself for years. Finally in 2008, I went to see another Pro to see if he could help. Within 10 minutes he had me hitting it like I did in college. Even though I thought I knew my swing, he identified one thing that I couldn't feel. Unless you have access to a lot of technology to help you, doing it on your own is tough. IMO

After playing off and on for 35 years, I finally bought 8 hours of lessons, huge difference, especially in confidence, but my goal was to consistently break 90, which I am, maybe next season I can try for 80! The biggest change that I have gotten is spine angle and tempo.
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO
    1995 Dynatrak /Yamaha Pro V150

That's good to hear. I am going to take a few lessons this week. I'm looking forward to it.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

9. Member
    Finally seeing improvement, starting to hit the fairway and 150 to the pin is closer. Odd thing is that i am older now and putting is as good as ever. Crazy game for sure.