Lodging in Hickory?

Has anyone stayed at Red Roof Inn in Hickory? Are there any hookups for boats and is the area reasonably safe? Thinking of spending a few days to fish Lake Hickory.
    Bob Guess
    Fishin for Fun
    99 Stratos 273/ 96 Merc 115

2. Member
    I have a fenced in yard less than a half mile from the Wittenberg ramp. I Run my business from there, no problems at all. You are welcome to store your boat at my shop and plug up if you need to. LR blvd had some foot traffic on it most of the time. Choose wisely.

Thanks for your kind offer. I will let you know when I pin down time.
    Bob Guess
    Fishin for Fun
    99 Stratos 273/ 96 Merc 115

4. Member
    Take squatchy up on his offer, when the girls were fishing their bass event here they all stayed at the hotel down the street from outback steakhouse,I think it is a Best Western, I personally would not stay at the red roof inn.

Dont stay at the red roof

6. Member
    If it's where I'm thinking, off 40, there's A LOT of people wandering around that area at night. Listen to the advice from above!

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Just curious where would a club with 20 boats stay? we stopped fishing Hickory years ago because the area we stayed go so bad, some of the hotels/ Motels came with a few extra late night services that we were not interested in ,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I've seen boats at the Jamison inn near hooters. I would think the hotel off 321 near the bridge would be ok. Don't know if they have a place to hook up your boat or not.

our club has stayed at what use to be the jamerson several times not many out side hook ups ,some om right parking lot and 0ne in the far corner on left but have been able to run cords out rooms. Not been there in a couple years

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

10. Member
    Their are some nice hotels around the convention center.

I doubt any of those have a hookup for a boat. Maybe the best western. Those are all pretty expensive hotels but they are the nicest

12. Member
    Unfortunately most hotels are right off 40 and there's a lot of foot traffic around those exits, especially when it's warm outside.