Need help with basic sonar settings on Helix Mega unit

Just installed for a friend a new Helix 12 Mega unit. We're having trouble getting a good pic on sonar. I'm pretty sure some of the setting are just off. I adjusted the contrast and sensitively settings with not much luck. So I'm thinking the "Chirp" , MHz setting are off. Anyone set me on the right track? Fishing shallow water, 20 ft or less
    Thanks
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

Not gonna see much on 2D sonar in shallow water except depth and bottom contours ..... can you post a pic of what you are seeing?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Default settings out of the box (reset defaults if need be) and if it's not working well, it's likely a poor installation.

As Bob stated - we need pics to try to help diagnose.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    Thanks to both of you for your help. I got back to it yesterday and set the chirp setting from high to medium. Also changed the frequency. Not sure it needed both but got a much better pic. I'll tweek on it more later when time permits.
    Mark
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

5. Member
    These units are so sensitive that you may need to make minor tweaks every time that you are on the water. I recommend keeping a copy of the manual on your phone or tablet and take it with you on the water. I am still learning how chirp works and playing with the settings.

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    These units are so sensitive that you may need to make minor tweaks every time that you are on the water. I recommend keeping a copy of the manual on your phone or tablet and take it with you on the water. I am still learning how chirp works and playing with the settings.
    I would say you HAVE TO make adjustments OTW - they are sort of plug N play, but need adjustments to get the most from them!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/