Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    I honestly don't know how many rods/reels I have, enough to fill a rod locker with some left over. I can't get but about 5-6 on deck at once and only have rods one side of the deck. I usually have in the locker at least three rods with jigs, wobble head maybe, three crankbait rods, top water rod or two, two buzzbait/spinnerbait/chatterbait rods, Ned rig setup, a shakey head rod, grub and small swimbait set up, tube rod, drop shot rod, and a spoon rod or two(flutter and drop), fluke/jerkbait rods, a rod or two for plastics and occasionally a flipping stick is added.

2. Member
    Far too many! Just wish i could reduce the number.

3. Member
    Five to seven rods...

4. Member
    My 11 year old was nice enough to count all 16 rods I had on the deck today and remind me there was one I forgot to use this morning.... lol
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

5. Member
    I carry multiple rods 8-10 in the boat. Target species can change during the day. Really don't need that many, I just have a hard time changing lures in dim light, Easier for me to grab another pre rigged rod. Several rods with identical setups if prone to snags. JMO

6. Member
    I guess I'm crazy I usually have 26 rods in the boat and at any give time 10-14 are on the deck. I switch up a lot sometimes ill hit the same thing with 3 or 4 baits.

7. Member
    Haven’t read all the replies yet so this may be a repeat response…

I primarily fish as a Co-Angler in draw tournaments, so I don’t get the luxury of utilizing rod lockers. As such I generally try to keep the amount of equipment I bring to a bare minimum. I currently have 8 rods, but most of them have multiple duties so I’m able to be as versatile but compact as possible.

That said I have 2-3 extra reels or spools for almost every rod. I can carry a lot less equipment by having a few variations in reels / spools I can swap in and out rather than carrying 5 extra rods. Takes a bit more time than just reaching in a rod locker, but I really don’t have any other choice. It’s all part of the Co-Angler game.

This is what I currently use:

Spinning:

7’ ML-XF: Dropshot, WR Senko
    7’ MH-XF: Tubes, Shakey Heads
    7’2” M-MF: Poppers, SM Cranks, Spybaits
    7’2” MH-MF: TR Worms, Tubes, SM Frogs

Casting:

7’3” H-XF: Jigs, TR Plastics
    7’4” MH-XF: Frogs, Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits
    7’6” H-XF: Jigs, Punch Rigs
    7’8” M-Parabolic: DD & LL Crankbaits, Spooks, Swimbaits

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    Haven’t read all the replies yet so this may be a repeat response…

I primarily fish as a Co-Angler in draw tournaments, so I don’t get the luxury of utilizing rod lockers. As such I generally try to keep the amount of equipment I bring to a bare minimum. I currently have 8 rods, but most of them have multiple duties so I’m able to be as versatile but compact as possible.

That said I have 2-3 extra reels or spools for almost every rod. I can carry a lot less equipment by having a few variations in reels / spools I can swap in and out rather than carrying 5 extra rods. Takes a bit more time than just reaching in a rod locker, but I really don’t have any other choice. It’s all part of the Co-Angler game.

This is what I currently use:

Spinning:

7’ ML-XF: Dropshot, WR Senko
    7’ MH-XF: Tubes, Shakey Heads
    7’2” M-MF: Poppers, SM Cranks, Spybaits
    7’2” MH-MF: TR Worms, Tubes, SM Frogs

Casting:

7’3” H-XF: Jigs, TR Plastics
    7’4” MH-XF: Frogs, Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits
    7’6” H-XF: Jigs, Punch Rigs
    7’8” M-Parabolic: DD & LL Crankbaits, Spooks, Swimbaits
    And how many of those do you bring with you

9. Member
    Wow this has turned out to be a great thread. I have been able to learn a lot of different views and opinions. Looks like everyone runs with what makes the confident and that can make all the difference in the world.
    Respect no wake zones, Evinrude guys need a place to race too ;)

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcarriere View Post
    And how many of those do you bring with you
    Honestly depends on the day and what we’re doing. I’ve had as many as 8 rods but I try to keep it between 3-5 if we’re dialed into something specific. I have 1 lake we fish where I only use casting gear, but on St Clair I am more apt to stick with spinning tackle. I used to bring everything all the time, but I found I would abandon patterns quicker with so many options. So I changed my theory a little bit for what to bring and why.

11. Member
    Depends on the lake and conditions. Usually at least 8 though.

Zillion 7' 6" - 13 concept A
    Dobyns champion 766 - 13 concept A
    Dobyns 805 flip/punch - 13 concept A
    Dobyns champion 704c - 13 concept A
    Tatula 7' 2" H/F - 13 concept A
    Tatula 7' 4" frog - 13 concept A
    Okuma b series 7' 10" xh/f - Tatula HD 200
    Dobyns savvy 704c - 13 concept A

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123