Gardner creek in jameville nc

Anyone live close by or fish there often?
    Last edited by BULLETRM; 09-21-2017 at 06:27 PM.

2. Member
    I live close. It's full of blackfish! But every once in a while I'll hear about someone going in there and catching a handful on a trick worm. It's a blast if you want to catch some bream. They're loaded in there pretty good.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

3. Banned
    It use to be the place to go around here back in the 60's and 70's. Catch a giant on every cast just about.

I grew up fishing there with my stepfather, we fished quite often even though its about 2.5 to 3 hrs away. Do either of you remember the Jesus sign that's about midways in coming from Roberson marina? Was a cut through on a point in a Sharpe turn.

5. Banned
    Not me. Can not remember a lot of things since i turned 60 years back. Draws a blank with me for now.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    I live close. It's full of blackfish! But every once in a while I'll hear about someone going in there and catching a handful on a trick worm.
    That's pretty actual from the past few times I've been in there.... Don't remember the sign.

There were signs like that all through the creek locals used for navigation and markers at some point I guess,im 47 now and the sign was there from when i was 8 or 9 til last i was there in my 20's

8. Member
    Some signs are still in there. Especially in the Plymouth area, Cow Creek, 3 sisters, etc. Creeks are clearly marked. You'll also find some cabins on the water near Gardners too. The devils gut hasn't changed in centuries. :)
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

9. Member
    Does anybody remember the bus in the Roanoke river between Williamston and Hamilton?
    James Clark.. SKEETER...FX20..250 SHO Yamaha, Izorline Pro Staff, Deep Creek Pro Staff,Cpt. Gary Marine Products, Powers Swain Fishing Team, Warriors on the Water Staff

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Begafish View Post
    Does anybody remember the bus in the Roanoke river between Williamston and Hamilton?

I missed the bus. Whats the story on that?

12. Member
    I remember the Jesus sign and the bus was still there about two yrs ago. It look like about a 1950's model school bus that is sitting in a high bank ditch on the left when heading upriver. Looks like someone may have put it there to control erosion. There is also a small scale train locomotive on the river bank,still sitting on the tracks. Best I can remember,it's on the left a little ways down from the really sharp hairpin turn below Williamston. Those woods were logged out in the twenties and the loggers laid small tracks in the woods to run the logs to the river. They left the tracks and train when finished. In the late fall or winter,with no leaves on the trees,you can see what looks likes miles of 1.5" wide track piled on the banks. Also,the locomotive can only be seen in the winter.