Question Ranger 519's and 119's

HELP!!...Iv'e been told ,by a Ranger service rep that these model Rangers had a slight "HOOK" built into the rear of the bottom. To hold the boat down from getting to much bow rise. This does not sound right to me but if I run my hand under the trailing edge of the bottom, it does seem as though I can feel an indention in the hull.
    Anyone out there that's "in the know" that can throw some more information on this subject, I would appreciate hearing from you.
    Last edited by jeffcotten; 09-21-2017 at 01:26 PM. Reason: misspelled

Idk bout that, but mine gets crazy lift. Scary lift to be exact.

3. Member
    Ranger has been adding a little hook at about the last 6-8" outside edge of the bottom at the stern for years. It is there to control low speed porpoise. At higher trim levels,that area is out of the water so the hook has no effect.

4. Member
    I have been running mine for 6 years without a problem up to 74. It does get very high in the front at WOT! I like the feeling I get running it with Bow so high though. Feels like I am floating on air.

5. Member
    I have a 2015 119C, it takes a little time for the bow to lift, but once it does the boat takes off and the bow lift is crazy. Fun and safe to drive!

I sanded the hook out of mine, and now I get 81 MPH with a 225 ProXS.

7. Member
    Ok Hot Rod

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcotten View Post
    HELP!!...Iv'e been told ,by a Ranger service rep that these model Rangers had a slight "HOOK" built into the rear of the bottom. To hold the boat down from getting to much bow rise. This does not sound right to me but if I run my hand under the trailing edge of the bottom, it does seem as though I can feel an indention in the hull.
    Anyone out there that's "in the know" that can throw some more information on this subject, I would appreciate hearing from you.
    Nothing new here, that's been there for years as stated above by Rip Bass.