LSC- Canadian license worth it?

Coming up soon, was wondering if it is worthwhile to hit the Canadian side or is US side plenty enough ? Looks like 8 day Ontario lic 30 bucks or so plus 8 tag or whatever- what say u? Thanks

2. Member
    I wouldn't spend the money for a short trip...There is plenty of water to fish on the US side...Take the 30 bucks and buy yourself a nice local dinner and some brew....
    If you try to cover all the US side and Canadian side you will just get overwhelmed anyway...If the fish were heavy in the river I would say yes but I haven't seen much on the river..

3. Member
    Thanks, figured as much. Gonna hit every local joint that I can no doubt- any suggestions on good eats appreciated

Green Street Tavern in New Baltimore--Best Corn Beef Sandwich.

5. Member
    Thanks- heading up tomorrow so gonna eat and fish all week- wearing sweatpants all week

6. Member
    Some of the best fishing on the lake is on the Canadian side. Of course it all depends on water clarity and wind. Many 4-6 hour days with 150-200 smallies. But if you can't run the big water it's best to stay in US waters. As for food... Shamrocks downtown Utica has the best burger in the state! Good luck!

7. Member
    Looks like giving 15-20 kt winds sat from south- should I hit Detroit river sat? Have 21 ft Phoenix but that sounds ruff in big open water

There's good fishing right now in the lower Detroit river but that may be the worst place to be with strong south winds.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

9. Member
    South shore on lsc is typically pretty easy fishing in the fall. No way would I fish lower river with south winds. They push against the current and it stacks the waves big time.

10. Member
    I second a burger and fries at The Shamrock Pub.

With the wind forecast, there are not many places to hide or be comfortable. I would simply head out to 14-18fow on the US side and setup drifts. There are places that will be better than others but with that wind you'll still cover a lot of water drifting.

11. Member
    Two thumbs up on lsc- hammered largemouth daily, smallmouth not so much but we scratched out a few( zero in our boat on 2 days but we caught largies at will) Coming back in May. My favorite eats was at sugar bush sports bar- killer wings and walleye /perch; also penne lane was decent