Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up Tackle Trap Hammer Rods Customer Appreciation Sale!

The Tackle Trap has just announced a customer appreciation sale on the exclusive Limited Edition, full Winn Grip models. These are the same great blanks featured on the Hammer Rods, but they have a longer, full Winn Grip. The same made and assembled in the USA quality blanks, the same great folks, and the same great warranty all apply to these rods, and YES, the "BBC10" additional 10% discount also applies to the listed sale prices, so please enter "BBC10" in the discount code line at check out.

Click the blue underlined link here for more information and for the quickest and easiest check out:

Tackle Trap Hammer Exclusive Full Winn Grip Rods

These rods will be shipped via Fed Ex. Feel free to call the shop at 256 281 6160 Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm central for phone orders or if you have any questions on their best applications, or any other specific information you may need. Thank you BBC for all the support over the years, it's sincerely appreciated, and enjoy these excellent rods at an unbeatable value!

These models are available and ready to ship:

7'3" Medium Heavy - MSRP $205, Sale Price $164, add "BBC10" = $147.60 SHIPPED

7'3" Heavy - MSRP $205, Sale Price $164, add "BBC10" = $147.60 SHIPPED

7'3" Extra Heavy - MSRP $205, Sale Price $164, add "BBC10" = $147.60 SHIPPED

7'6" Heavy - MSRP $208, Sale Price $166.40, add "BBC10" = SOLD OUT

7'6" Extra Heavy - MSRP $208, Sale Price $166.40, add "BBC10" = $149.67 SHIPPED

7'11" Medium Heavy - MSRP $212, Sale Price $169.60, add "BBC10" = $152.64 SHIPPED

7'11" Medium Heavy Cranking - MSRP $212, Sale Price $169.60, add "BBC10" = $152.64 SHIPPED

7'11" Extra Heavy - MSRP $212, Sale Price $169.60, add "BBC10" = SOLD OUT

THIS PHOTO is of a standard Hammer 7'3" Heavy on the LEFT with split grip. On the RIGHT is the full grip TT Limited version.
    Last edited by Bronzefly; 10-12-2017 at 01:22 PM.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

2. Member
    Gary, you are killing me with all of these great sales. How is the weight on these rods compared to some other high end rods? What kind of guides?

3. Member
    Would the 7'3" XH be a good jig rod? frogs too?
    the 7'3" H rod, what would be best applications for that rod?
    thanks
    jon

Hey John

They are light overall, even with the full Winn Grip. They all feature quality Fuji components, reel seat and guides. Weights are as follows:

7'3"MH = 4.8 oz.
    7'3"H = 4.8 oz.
    7'3"XH = 5.3 oz.
    7'6"XH = 4.9 oz.
    7'11"MH = 5.6 oz.
    7'11"XH = 5.6 oz.
    7'11"MHCR = 5.4 oz.

I think anyone would be extremely impressed with any of these high quality, US made rods at this price point. We want to get more of these out there so guys can see how good they really are. This sale is an effort to say thanks to our existing Hammer Rods customers, and welcome in a bunch of new ones! Please call the shop anytime today with questions. Thanks for all the orders so far BBC, rods are going out today and we will keep the website updated!

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

Quote Originally Posted by jonmay View Post
    Would the 7'3" XH be a good jig rod? frogs too?
    the 7'3" H rod, what would be best applications for that rod?
    thanks
    jon
    Yes, the 73XH is pretty stout. You can certainly fish 1/2 to 1 oz jigs with no trouble, even in heavy cover. It's a fantastic heavy cover frog rod too and is very versatile for bigger treble moving baits like wake baits in the 1 to 1.5 oz range, and even handles the smaller Bull Shad type swim baits really well.

The 7'3" Heavy is an all purpose magic rod. I can throw everything from jigs/texas rigs to spinner baits, chatter baits, buzz toads, frogs in not so dense cover, big top waters, I've thrown a 6XD on the 73H without trouble, it can really do so much it's hard to list it all.

How would you rate bottom contact sensitivity compared to a Dobyns Champion line or the St. Croix Avid? How's the balance with say a Core?

Quote Originally Posted by rockchalk06 View Post
    How would you rate bottom contact sensitivity compared to a Dobyns Champion line or the St. Croix Avid? How's the balance with say a Core?
    Sensitivity is subjective, but in my hands the Hammer Rods are clearly better than the Dobyns Champion series. I don't have enough experience with the St. Croix Avid to offer a meaningful opinion there. Balance points depend on which model selected. Obviously, the 7'11" models have a different balance point than the 7'3" models. A Core with a 7'3" Heavy would be about an 11 oz combo of awesome

Thank you.

9. Member
    Buddy is looking for a swimbait rod. Hard baits. Which would be best for that?

Buddy is looking for a swimbait rod. Hard baits. Which would be best for that?
    Hard swim baits can range from 1/4 to to 10 oz+, so without knowing specifically his intended weight range, I couldn't recommend which one would be the best. If you have an upper and lower weight range, I'll be glad to help with a recommendation.

11. Member
    Just replaced my rods with Hammers. Great rods and Tackle Trap is a great company to buy from. Now let me go order the drop shot rod now.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Yes, the 73XH is pretty stout. You can certainly fish 1/2 to 1 oz jigs with no trouble, even in heavy cover. It's a fantastic heavy cover frog rod too and is very versatile for bigger treble moving baits like wake baits in the 1 to 1.5 oz range, and even handles the smaller Bull Shad type swim baits really well.

The 7'3" Heavy is an all purpose magic rod. I can throw everything from jigs/texas rigs to spinner baits, chatter baits, buzz toads, frogs in not so dense cover, big top waters, I've thrown a 6XD on the 73H without trouble, it can really do so much it's hard to list it all.
    need a jig/t rig rod for my son. would 7'3" H be a better option for him? using braid as main line
    thanks

need a jig/t rig rod for my son. would 7'3" H be a better option for him? using braid as main line
    thanks
    I throw T-Rigs (typically 1/4-3/8 weight + hook/plastic) with that rod a lot and also sometimes jigs, and think it would be a great choice for your son
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB
    92 Stratos 285 Pro XL / Evinrude Intruder 175
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

thanks
    I'd take the Heavy for jigs from 1/4 to 1/2 oz most often in lighter to moderate cover. If it's 1/2 oz to 1 oz in heavy cover, I'd go with the Extra Heavy.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I'd take the Heavy for jigs from 1/4 to 1/2 oz most often in lighter to moderate cover. If it's 1/2 oz to 1 oz in heavy cover, I'd go with the Extra Heavy.
    put one aside for me, 7'3" H and i'll call this aft
    thanks

16. Member
    7'6" H was sold out quick! What are the ratings between the 7'6" H and 7'6" XH? On tackle trap site, it shows them as the same.

thanks
    Might as well put 2 aside, after you try his you will want one too
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by pchangg View Post
    7'6" H was sold out quick! What are the ratings between the 7'6" H and 7'6" XH? On tackle trap site, it shows them as the same.
    Fixed, thank you. 7'6" Heavy 1/4 - 1 oz. 7'6" Extra Heavy 3/8 - 1.5 oz.

thanks
    Will do, thank you.

19. Member
    What techniques would you recommend the 7'3" MH for? I've been eyeing the Falcon Mike McClelland Swim Jig rod as my next purchase, it's a 5 power 7'2" MH fast, how would it compare to the Hammer I mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    What techniques would you recommend the 7'3" MH for? I've been eyeing the Falcon Mike McClelland Swim Jig rod as my next purchase, it's a 5 power 7'2" MH fast, how would it compare to the Hammer I mentioned?
    I would use the MH for lighter moving baits and ones where you want to let the fish load up a bit more like Traps, squarebills, top water (buzzbait), weightless/wacky senkos for example. You can also use the Heavy for some this stuff if you like a little more stout rod or are throwing heavy versions of that stuff. For a swim jig Id be using a H because of the heavier wire hook, but the MH might work well or even better also.

Im sure Gary will have some more (ie better haha) info
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast