Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    She's about 5' 105bs soaking wet, she has split and full grip Falcons but the handle lengths are the same. She's a one hand caster (left hand palming the reel and right hand on the grip right behind the reel) so I'm thinking split grip now. Of her Falcons she prefers the full grip but really doesn't care either way, with the Hammer's full grip being longer she probably wouldn't like that.
    If she prefers a full grip but you want to do the shorter handle length of the normal Hammer, I'd be happy to send you pics of how I turned my split grips into full grips, total cost was about $20 and less than 1/2 hour of my time.
    Last edited by J Risco; 09-22-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB
    92 Stratos 285 Pro XL / Evinrude Intruder 175
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

2. Member
    She said she preferred the full grip when I wanted to buy her first split grip, for a while she said she liked the full but now she doesn't have a preference.

Chad after reading all that, I think she would prefer the split grip model.

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Chad after reading all that, I think she would prefer the split grip model.
    Just ordered the 7'3" Heavy split grip, thanks for the great deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Just ordered the 7'3" Heavy split grip, thanks for the great deal!!
    Shipped Fed Ex, thank you very much and I'm sure she's really going to enjoy this rod!

Thank you everyone for the orders, the calls to the shop, and all the questions about these great rods. This sale will continue on as long as this thread is up and active. TTT is closed on weekends, but will be back up and running Monday am at 7pm central time. The website is live 24/7 and weekend orders will all ship on Monday. Have a happy and safe weekend everyone!

"Like" us at www.facebook.com/tackletrap "BBC10" discount code at checkout on our website for 10% off most items in stock - special orders available anytime

How would the full grip 7'3 H and 7'3 XH with a Tatula CT balance out compared to their split grip counterparts?
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by K_Mac View Post
    How would the full grip 7'3 H and 7'3 XH with a Tatula CT balance out compared to their split grip counterparts?
    Because the handle is longer, they balance "better" or further up the blank than the standard split grip models. I don't have any photos of balance point, but the feel of the full grip models is awesome with the Tatula CT reels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Because the handle is longer, they balance "better" or further up the blank than the standard split grip models. I don't have any photos of balance point, but the feel of the full grip models is awesome with the Tatula CT reels.
    What length XH would you recommend for 3/4 oz jigs?
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

9. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    So the same length rod has a longer handle verses the split grip?
    Team Brech Marine
    2017 Bass Cat Cougar/250 SHO
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2018 Sea Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    So the same length rod has a longer handle verses the split grip?
    Yes, a 7'3" Heavy Tackle Trap Limited has a longer handle than a standard 7'3" Heavy, as pictured in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Mac View Post
    What length XH would you recommend for 3/4 oz jigs?
    It depends, all three of them will work without issue. The 7'3" XH would work out better for closer quarters, pitching, etc. in general, but some guys like doing that with a 7'6" rod. The 7'11" rod is an excellent deep water jig rod, carolina rigs, and can handle punching duties as well.

11. Member
    I'm so pumped to get our Hammer rod in Tuesday, I know my wife is going to love it and pretty sure I'll have to get some for myself. Just wish I would've ordered earlier in the week to have it to use this weekend!!

More orders have been processed and shipped. A bunch of you guys will be getting your rods tomorrow via Fed Ex, thank you all and enjoy them!

I have the 7'3" H model and everything Bronzefly has said is SPOT ON. Sounds silly to say that a Heavy Action rod is fine throwing a 1/4oz bait but it's true. That 7'3H Hammer rod is an all purpose rod out the wazoo. If I had ONE rod in the boat that would be it because I can throw cranks shallow to mid depth, jigs, soft plastics, spinnerbaits, swimjigs, spoons and more on that rod. Almost nothing in my tackle box I couldn't tie on this rod and be okay with it. I fish Table Rock regularly and I throw 3/8 to 3/4oz jigs, t-rigged brushhogs, 10" worms and wobble heads with a beaver trailer on this rod ALL THE TIME and it is PERFECT for them. You will love this rod.

14. Member
    Tackle trap you have any more hammer rods left ? Looking for 7-3 H. Called the store today but it's closed. Thanks

15. Member
    Wow these Hammer Rods must be great rods!!
    2015 Phoenix 921/Yamaha 250 SHO (sold)
    2018 Phoenix 721/Mercury 250 Verado on order

Quote Originally Posted by Eric521 View Post
    Wow these Hammer Rods must be great rods!!
    They're pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNYANKEE View Post
    Tackle trap you have any more hammer rods left ? Looking for 7-3 H. Called the store today but it's closed. Thanks
    Yes, the website is accurate. The shop hours are also posted there, Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm central time. If you would prefer to order by phone, call during business hours, otherwise, feel free to order online anytime.

17. Member
    Gary,
    Do you think you will be getting anymore of the 7'6"H with the full Winn grip?

Quote Originally Posted by ErieFeeling View Post
    Gary,
    Do you think you will be getting anymore of the 7'6"H with the full Winn grip?
    Eventually yes, but they will not be part of this sale.

19. Member
    The sale is only for the fill grip? I guess I'm a little confused because I see you also talk about the split grip. I would only be interested in the split grip. Sorry about the confusion as I am trying to deal with a concussion and I don't think I'm thinking rite. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNYANKEE View Post
    The sale is only for the fill grip? I guess I'm a little confused because I see you also talk about the split grip. I would only be interested in the split grip. Sorry about the confusion as I am trying to deal with a concussion and I don't think I'm thinking rite. Thank you
    The Hammer All American split grip rods qualify for the "BBC10" discount code good for free shipping and 10% off the prices listed at the link. Please call the shop if you need further clarification or have any questions on the rods, be glad to help M-F 7am to 5pm central - 256 281 6160, thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast