Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pics from my transom rebuild

The guy rebuilding my transom sent me a few pics today and for as incredibly clean as my boat is I cant believe how much rot is in there!

heres a picture of the boat

2. Member
    sorry for the huge pictures, not sure how to resize them.

3. Member
    good looking boat-will be worth it when done
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Yea that thing will last you as long as you want to keep it now

5. Member
    I'm fighting dry rot on my 2000 Howard ...uuugh... I feel your pain.

6. Member
    Yeah I definitely plan to keep it! I've got a lot of money and work invested into it! I bought it from the original owners that ordered it new in 1989. As you can see in the picture it still had the original trolling motor on it when I brought it home. The old timer said he never had ran it wide open or even had fish in the live well.

7. Member
    How/why is the bow eye forward of the roller?

8. Member
    Good eye! I'm not really sure, it was like that when I bought it. I'm assuming he just had the trailer way too deep last time he loaded it

9. Member
    Deep n not running is my bet....I've swam my share of boats on....just a guess.

10. Member
    I should add that wasn't the first thing I noticed, btw. How clean that rig is definitely caught my eye! Shame the transom crapped out, but at least you won't have to worry about it soon.

11. Member
    Yeah its getting all new wiring to the console, new shift cable, it has new steering cables, all new batteries, new trolling motor with recessed pedal, new trim switches and voltage regulator on the motor. Pretty much everything but the motor is new and it has great compression on every cylinder. It should last me a lot of years.

12. Member
    Those foam box's are the worst part that dudes gunna need a beer or 2.

13. Member
    he didn't say anything about them other then they had a ton of water in them lol it's had a dehumidifier on it on and off over the last 2 weeks and he said it's still way too wet to work with

Bump for more pics if/when you get some.

15. Member
    I'll definitely post up any pictures I get.

Good stuff Andy, not the fact that it needs it, but that it is getting done! Looking forward to more pics. Also, something for you to look forward too, without all the water weight it might run a bit quicker
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

17. Member
    The guy rebuilding it said the same thing lol he is a bcb owner and hates working on them because theyre built so well and not meant to be taken apart lol

18. Member
    Also if any one does need fiberglass work done id highly recommend him, its Midwest marine fiberglass repair here in Missouri. Hes been doing fiberglass work his whole life and had a shop for 28 years I think he said and sold it a couple years ago and just works out of his house now. Hes a super nice guy and very knowledgeable. hes a little bit slower but he does great work and treats the boat as if it were his own.

19. Member
    I thought ALL wood was supposed to be fully incased in fiberglass where this couldn't happen. That's what I was told back when I owned older Bass Cats. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    I thought ALL wood was supposed to be fully incased in fiberglass where this couldn't happen. That's what I was told back when I owned older Bass Cats. Hmmm.
    Fully encased when it leaves BCB. People drilling holes to mount stuff and not properly re-sealing can lead to water intrusion. Not just on the obvious stuff below the waterline like transducers... you have to seal things like the battery hold down brackets in the bilge too. That is why any boat should be inspected well before purchase, if the previous owner (or the shop that did his work) didnt re-seal these things it's a bad sign.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast