Cedar Creek Lake

Hello Kentucky Anglers,

I am looking to give Cedar Creek lake a go and I was curious if there were any recommended places to stay as well as good eats. This will be a first time trip to the lake so any suggestion on fishing this body of water is welcome as well. Thanks in advance!
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    2004 150 HP Mercury EFI

i would try air bnb there are not any motels with good boat parking close to the lake that i am aware of. stanford has a small motel on hwy 150 but from what i can see the boat parking would be terrible. air bnb in danville might be your best bet.
    Ranger Forever

3. Banned
    Danville may be the closest place for motel? The place in Stanford is a nice motel or it was a few years ago but zero boat parking. They have also had more than a few meth busts in it

4. Member
    Haha, thanks. I will have to check into Air bnb. I asked my fishing buddy and we agreed we wouldn't like to take part in any meth related activities.
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    2004 150 HP Mercury EFI

5. Member
    Don't go on the weekends, it's packed and most don't know boating etiquette or don't care. There's no skiing or jet skies allowed but you realize it's a relatively small lake. About 750 acres.

6. Member
    Bluebird cafe in standford pretty good- byob though, at least it was when we went. My expierence has been get on as early as u can, bite dying by 10-11am; then drive hour south and fish Cumberland . Jigs and 6 inch robo ds best baits I've used there. While I've never done it- bet night fishing would work

7. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Man View Post
    Don't go on the weekends, it's packed and most don't know boating etiquette or don't care.
    ^^^This^^^

dont care is 99% of it.
    Ranger Forever

9. Member
    It will definitely be middle of the week fishing. Thanks to you all for your replies. Once I get a few in the boat when we go down. I will post some pictures.

As far as boater etiquette, I would agree it has taken a dip. But I think that is also part of boater education. Seems to be a pretty large crowd that have no idea what a no wake buoy is at all.
    2004 Ranger 185VS
    2004 150 HP Mercury EFI

10. Member
    A few years ago, we were fishing around the island next to the cut thru and some guy came off plane less than 30 feet right next to us. Could not believe it. That was the last time I went there on a weekend. My buddy did catch a 8lb 6oz that day though lol. A lot of people night fish there.