Reel Cleaning Price?

A buddy of mine from my bass club was having trouble with a reel making noises and i told him i would tear it apart and clean it and regrease/ oil it. Long story short, now i got 5 guys in my club who want reels cleaned over the winter. My question is, What is a fair price per reel i should charge?

$15 to $20
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

I charge $20 per reel for full tear down, clean and re-grease/oil

It's a good way to make some extra $$ over the winter, but holy hell does it suck up your time if you really get into it. I did over 50 reels one winter...takes me at least an hour a piece from start to finish. Burns you out quick...

4. Member
    Most board sponsors and the like are going to be in the $20 - $25 range per reel plus shipping to get them back to and any parts that may be needed.

I would say $10 - $20 would be fair. The lower range of that if you are doing them a favor and don't mind helping them out. The higher end if you want to make a few bucks and not get flooded with everyone's reels

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies! I was figuring about 15 bucks so that sounds pretty fair!

6. Banned
    Honestly, if you are charging $10-15 you are undercutting yourself. I take pride in my work, and I do a fully detailed job. I charge $25 a reel for a full breakdown and relube. Customer pays shipping if needed. That's it, no ifs, ands, or buts. I stay pretty busy, and plenty of people have given me quite the compliments on my work. It takes a good hour and a half to do most reels the proper way.

7. Member
    if you are doing a complete teardown of every single part, clean and relube then $15-$20 will be reasonable. Anything less than that is not worth it, it usually takes me a little over an hour per reel.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13