On my 18XS there is a little stadium oval shaped storage area on both sides by the main seats maybe 9" long by 3" wide. On the passenger side there are two foam pads glued to the fiberglass. One is on the bottom and the other is on the inside edge of that small storage compartment. No padding was put on the outside edge of the compartment. I assume they used padding on the passenger side because of the nearby guest rod storage area.

My wife who normally is with me uses that compartment for small item storage. The foam is getting abused plus I have a couple minor scratches in the fiberglass on the outside edge of the open storage compartment from use.

I like keeping my boat pristine and I would like to remove the existing foam and replace it with a better looking foam protectant. Any tricks on removing the existing foam? What would be a suitable replacement that looks good and protects the fiberglass?

There is a similar storage area on the driver side and it has no padding. I don't use that for storage so it is in perfect shape. But I could put the same padding on that side is well. These are small storage compartments so I don't need much material. Thanks in advance for any comments.