Looking for compartment lighting.

Including the live well. Does someone out there have aftermarket LED small lights that can be used in an area like the live well lids? I have no issue wiring them. I just thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. Also would like them to be tilt switched. I may be asking fo rtoo much
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Member
    Bluewater LED's have kits that do what you're looking to do. I'm not sure about the Mercury switches?

3. Member
    I think someone needs to take an LED puck light, put some 3M sticky tape on the back, a mercury switch and a battery. Stick the puck on and just replace the battery once in a while. Maybe they already have something like that. If so I would buy a few.

4. Member
    You can get the magnetic switches on Amazon. Just have to make sure they will handle the current of the light. PM drewtick on here. He did his phoenix up with lights and knows all that technical stuff.

http://bluewaterled.com/boating-led-...lti-color.html

This kit will do your compartments, rod lockers, livewell, and cooler for $99.

A light above the waterline in a livewell is useless. You need lights under the water to work right

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    my vote is for bluewater also. I have had some of theirs and they have been great

8. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    A light above the waterline in a livewell is useless. You need lights under the water to work right
    So, is there a Blue water LED light that you can extend under the water line full time?
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

Yes, they have livewell lights that would work great. I have their light all over my boat.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

All of the blue water led lights are submersible, but there is actual livewell lights in that kit.

11. Member
    Call me cheap but I went to harbor freight and picked up some led lights that are battery operated,, 6 sets and my whole boat is lit up for 40 bucks,, they are a stip light with 7 or 8 led lights in each set and they can be adjusted , I stuck them on with double sided 3m tape. I wouldn't advise one for the livewells. Its called LED UNDER Cabinet Light. Works good for me
    Last edited by rangerguyz21; 09-21-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

12. Member
    I put bluewater compartment kit in mine last year. It included 3 submersible lights. 2 for livewells and one for cooler. Works aewsome. I got mine oon their annual scratch and dent sale. They looked perfect to me and worked great!! And only paid a 3rd of the price. Should be coming up soon....

13. Member
    Do the bluewaters have a switch under the compartment lid to where they come on when it opens and go off when it is closed? Or do you just have to turn them on and off manually?

14. Member
    I had factory compartment lighting that was not very good. I wired the new ones to the existing courtesy light switch on the dash panel. Now they come on with all the lights when needed. But you could wire them to a switch of your preference if you want a dedicated circuit.

15. Member
    i used bluewaters everywhere including live wells

and on sale http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=848752
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    OZNIUM.COM and have at it.

17. Banned
    bluewater