Thread: Ranger Aluminum

Ranger Aluminum

Guys, DON'T Do it. Run from Ranger. 8 weeks and 2 days this morning I haven't had a boat. Not only that, I haven't received a call from Ranger and my dealer has stated that it " isn't their problem because it's a warranty issue". They've helped me on many warranty items before?? I have also called Ranger plenty times and left messages only to receive a call back from a disgruntled guy named Mike somethingberry who gave me no reason to believe they have even touched the boat. I bought a Ranger because of the perceived outstanding customer service and brand name. Couldn't have been further from the truth. This entire experience has been a total disappointment. My name is Rich and my number is 816-778-7701 if you have any questions or are considering a Ranger Alum call me before you do
    Last edited by CNR; 09-22-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    2017 21PHX | 250 Verado | Garmin's | PP

Insta @catchandrelease101

2. Member
    Short video before I dropped it off to the Cabelas dealer in Kansas City ------ https://vimeo.com/234689678
    2017 21PHX | 250 Verado | Garmin's | PP

Insta @catchandrelease101

3. Member
    If you've ever been to the warranty/repair shop at the factory you'd wonder how they could even get a boat back within a year. They have tons of boats from old to new to work on you have to just get in line. As far as Mike he has been VERY helpful to me in the past with an issue or two that I have had with my trailer.

4. Member
    CNR..........Sorry to see your plight. I have the exact same boat.............exact........and it's been flawless to date. Solid, sound..........no defects, nothing breaking......

5. Member
    CNR,

Hang in there, I believe Ranger will make it right.

If they do, or don't, update this thread either way.

This is very important.

Thanks
    2011 Ranger Z119 Evinrude 200HO

Past Rigs

2007 Skeeter 190SX - Yamaha 150 Pro V
    2003 Ranger 521VX NASCAR. - Yamaha 250 HPDI
    2003 Trition Tr-22 - Yamaha 250 HPDI
    2000 Ranger 518VX - Johnson 200 Venom
    1996 Ranger 462VS - Mercury 150 EFI
    1995 Ranger 461VS - Evinrude 150 Intruder
    1995 Ranger 354V - Mercury 150XR6
    1987 Stratos 169V - Mariner 135
    1986 Coleman Crawdad - 1956 Johnson 5hp - Minn Kota 8lb thrust

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Very often, it's not Ranger dropping the ball but a dealer that (perhaps) installed something incorrectly from the beginning or is not up to par in helping to fix what takes much longer to fix at the factory. We all would like to think nothing should go wrong with a Ranger boat, but things can and do happen in 2-3 years of use. Another thing we all should bear in mind: within the last 8 weeks Ranger has had a plant shutdown, introduction of their new boats, and exceptionally strong stocking orders at the dealer meeting.

Not knowing what the owner, selling dealer, or Ranger has done with the boat to this point, I will closely monitor this thread. Be aware, however, that open discussion of how to resolve issues is always welcome here. "Run from Ranger" is not warranted or appropriate.

Having viewed the video, the observable issues may not be cut-and-dried as to cause. As other posters have noted, Ranger will very likely take care of you, but they will want to closely inspect the boat, and not just from the outside. Without knowing how many boats are in queue before this boat, it's not fair to throw Ranger or their employees under the bus.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 09-21-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Wow...that's some nasty looking cracks. Good luck with it. Ranger might take a while, but it will be right when you get it back.

9. Member
    I've had several Rangers and will very likely purchase another when I'm done with the current boat. I have had warranty issues as well but mine were minor and very quickly taken care of. My personal experience with Ranger after the sale has been very good. I do find it disappointing that Ranger hasn't provided some type of update to the owner. A little communication could go a long way under the circumstances.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

10. Member
    The boat looks like it was welded by Xpress, they have cracks like that all the time. You should be happy you have a Ranger because they will make it right. I wouldn't be surprised if they send you a new hull with all of your stuff put onto it. Ranger is top notch company. Other companies would be giving you a lot of issues blaming the damages on how you used the boat.

11. Member
    Must be the Bass Pro Shop corporate culture is now imbedding itself in the Ranger organization. BPS's legacy of servicing warranty claims is very poor. Eight weeks at the plant with no diagnosis and proposed remedy and time table is totally unacceptable.

Putting the customer's warranty issues on the "back burner" while they full fill their 2018 boat orders from the dealer meeting is not an acceptable argument. The plant was only closed for a week.

On another note, your dealer "sucks". As his customer, he should be helping to push this issue through resolution with the manufacturer. He should be your advocate as they are Ranger's customer.

Shame on both the dealer and Ranger. I feel for you brother.
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 09-22-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Those cracks look nasty. I'd be upset also.

13. Member
    Hopefully ranger will stand behind their product and make it right

14. Member
    In no disrespect to the original poster but viewing that video makes me think that boat has been beat. hard running in rough water, slammed up on the trailer a few times power loading?

Be glad you have a boat purchased from a manufacturer willing to repair/replace, which I am sure they will. I wouldn't go publicly blasting them, especially calling out an individual, until after the situation was resolved.