Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ranger Aluminum Boats

Guys, DON'T Do it. Run from Ranger. 8 weeks and 2 days this morning I haven't had a boat. Not only that, I haven't received a call from Ranger and my dealer has stated that it " isn't their problem because it's a warranty issue". They've helped me on many warranty items before?? I have also called Ranger plenty times and left messages only to receive a call back from a disgruntled guy named Mike somethingberry who gave me no reason to believe they have even touched the boat. I bought a Ranger because of the perceived outstanding customer service and brand name. Couldn't have been further from the truth. This entire experience has been a total disappointment.

Here is a short video of the boat before I dropped it off to Cabelas in Kansas City ----- https://vimeo.com/234689678

It's not just welds, the stringers are deformed, the trailer had fallen apart, I have to run the bilge consistently to keep the water from filling over the top of the charger/ batteries and to prevent it from filling the foot well of the boat through the floor drain...

I don't like to speak badly about any company or service regardless of what when down but this has been taken to a new level of disrespect. Boat less for months in the height of fishing season with no end in sight. Only then to be treated like I was in the wrong when I reached out to see the status of the resolution. I guess I'll just keep making payments.. If anyone thinks they know someone that can help me usher this along please let me know. My name is Rich and my number is 816-778-7701 if you can help have questions or are considering a Ranger Alum call me before you do.
    Last edited by CNR; 09-22-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    2017 21PHX | 250 Verado | Garmin's | PP

Insta @catchandrelease101

2. Member
    Sorry you are having issues! It's been my experience a BUNCH of the issue on problems like this is dealer horse power. Are they communicating with you and Ranger?

3. Member
    My dealer told me "it's not their problem because it's a warranty issue". Verbatim. They helped me on many warranty issues before... What gives?

8+ weeks without a single phone call coming from either my dealer or Ranger.

Man that’s to bad. I’ve had great great luck with my RT188. Ranger has been nothing but, good to me. Sorry to hear this.

5. Member
    That's bullcrap, and about half the issue. Example: One of my Champions had a cracked battery storage compartment. I'd been giving plenty of demo rides and a battery came out of the box and slammed through the side of the interior. Busted the battery and the box, made a big ole mess. That wouldn't normally be a warranty deal. My local dealer called then Genmar and had my boat 100% fixed through warranty in a week. Same went for a faulty design on a switch box on that boat. On one of my Cats' that dealer (didn't even buy the boat from them) worked with Cat and the dealer I bought it from and Mercury to get me a new motor because mine blew up three times in the first ten hours. Need I go on?

I bought a new glass Ranger back in the early 90's and had a similar experience to the friggen run around you're getting. The dealer wouldn't do crap for me. I ended up going through hell getting that boat fixed. Ranger wanted me to get estimates, or leave it with said chitty dealer for who knows how long, basically until they delivered a boat there to take it back to the factory. Long story short I got it fixed local and sold it myself. I just now went back to Ranger all these years later and that dealer is LONG GONE..decades ago gone!

I bought this Ranger from the same dealer who's taken care of me for decades. I know I might have gotten a better price somewhere else by a few hundred dollars, but these guys will be there when I really need them. Sounds like the dealer isn't doing chit on your behalf to get your boat fixed. "It's a warranty issue" my behind. Why not order straight from Ranger if we don't need the dealers for service???

I'm NOT saying Ranger doesn't have a dog in this hunt! All I am saying is your dealer is your advocate here. They buy WAY more boats from Ranger than you'll ever think about.

What day did you drop it off at Cabelas?

What day did Ranger pick it up from Cabelas?

When date Ranger make a determination on the warranty work?

6. Member
    I agree wholeheartedly! I practically begged the dealer to go to bat for me and he said he couldn't do a thing. I have heard of dealers bending over backwards for clients and mine plays a complete cop out... They were also the 2015 Ranger "Dealer of the Year" lol

Dropped at Cabela's in Kansas City 7/18/2017. Dealer claims Ranger picked it up 10 days later.

Haven't heard a word from Ranger or my dealer as far as status on the boat itself.
    Last edited by CNR; 09-20-2017 at 02:07 PM.

7. Member
    I’d write a nice letter (don’t threaten them) with these dates and send a copy certified return receipt to both that Cabelas General Manager and Ranger customer Service asking for an update. They have had enough time to evaluate your hull even with the dealer meeting. Keep the receipts and a copy in case you need to legal representation involved. I wouldn’t further publicly trash them, at least until you have all the facts. My two cents worth.

Once again, hope you get resolution soon!!

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I sent a text to a buddy of mine that works at Ranger about this thread, maybe he can poke somebody to figure out what's going on

9. Member
    Thank you Shooter! Let's hope it helps.. Thanks for the feed back n2ratfishin!

10. Banned
    I went thru a 2 year rollercoaster ride with Lund and their warranty department. I feel for you. I was fortunate a person close to Lund read my post on another forum and got me in touch with the right people. In the mean time blow up their Facebook page. I had my son make a post on Lunds page and then asked members of this forum as well as others to post as well

11. BBC SPONSOR
    send Pete Peterson a message on BBC. He is a loyal Ranger guy and has a great reputation with them.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Holy chit...watched the video, that is BAD! I have the same exact 2015 boat with zero issues so far. I hope they take care of you, I really do! How many actual hours do you have on it?

I agree that the dealer should act as your advocate. I don't know about the Cabelas in KC, but I recall reading on these pages a number of times of complaints about Cabelas as a Ranger dealer. Apparently, they could learn a few things from traditional Ranger dealers about customer service..
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Man sucks to see that. Those are some nasty cracks on the transom especially. Thats a wide span with no upper supports in the center so all the strain is transferred to the corners like that. The bow cracks i have never seen. Something inside has obviously let loose too the way those stringers look. Your trailer issue is nothing new cousin went through that 3 times til i welded it up solid. Road armour coating where the winch stand mounts doesnt look too hot either and alot of rust. I would think they would take care of it other issues on here usually are taken care of pretty quickly by them. Never heard much great on here about cabelas as far as boat sales and service. Hopefully you get it worke out.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Good grief, that looks bad. I'd blame Johnny Morris...

But seriously, I hope they swap that hull and trailer out for you soon. I'd be furious.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

warranty or not, I think the dealer should step in for you. problems with the Crestliner PT18's are now known. it to is a warranty issue. my dealer took care of everything. even talked Crestliner into letting me keep my boat for the rest of the season before turning it in for a new 2018 model. I never had to talk to Crestliner directly. what dealer you buy from is as important as the boat brand itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    warranty or not, I think the dealer should step in for you. problems with the Crestliner PT18's are now known. it to is a warranty issue. my dealer took care of everything. even talked Crestliner into letting me keep my boat for the rest of the season before turning it in for a new 2018 model. I never had to talk to Crestliner directly. what dealer you buy from is as important as the boat brand itself.
    This, This and This.....

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

18. Member
    Looking at the deformed strakes, I wonder how you drove it in rough water. Hydraulic pressure can bend the strakes, which will definitely affect the welds on the front corners.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Agree with N2ratfishin... let them both respond to your certified letter (within a reasonable time of course).....I would expect Ranger to make this right based on their reputation. We never realize the value of a really good boat dealer until we need them to go to bat for us with the manufacturer when something goes wrong. Worth paying a few extra bucks on the front end. I've not seen much good stuff on Cabelas here, but best of luck on getting something moving.
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    Waterwerks said the same to me about my Lund. Wasn't their problem

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast