Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The boats been jumping a lot of waves. Just from what I see of the pictures and all my experience leads me to this conclusion to.
    My thoughts as soon as I saw the video was "that has hit something hard or was ramming high waves".

I don't own one, nor do I own a Tracker or any other Tin at this time. But I haven't seen a boat bend like that without reason, and the most often reason is hitting something hard.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Not really sure where you are getting the "hate" from or where did i ever say they should replace the hull for anybody every 1 1/2 years? I cant seem to find where i said that. And yes Ranger should investigate what is going on to find the cause BUT 8 weeks with no word or update until the owner calls to ask is not acceptable either for having such great customer service. That is a very very long time 2 months come on. And none of us here know how the boat was used none of us there but the OP so anything else is specualtion we cant prove either way. If he says it wasnt abused how do we know different. The other poster with the same issues on the bow says his wasnt abused hard either so who is to say it wasnt? As far as cracks in the bow from the TM being the possible cause as others have stated Ranger better go back to the drawing board on that if it is the case should be zero issues from that. Something is causing stress to the bow tho those pics show it popping like a tin can.

As far as being a moderator i didnt realize that meant i wasnt entitled to my opinion anymore and had to sugar coat everything. None of the other moderators do im very tame compared to many of them. I didnt know i had to be held to a different standard just for you. Dont like my opinion thats fine i may not care to much for yours either just gonna have to deal with it.
    From your Post:
    On a side note Unless you praise the Ranger brand my friend you are automatically a troublemaker and stirring the pot. Nothing bad can happen to them plain and simple and the off chance that they do they swoop in and save the day instantly with the best customer service in the business which you experienced and dont you forget that.

There are other comments you have made as well. I realize you love your boat, most owners do.

No where did I say you said the 1 1/2 year replacement, that was MY comment that no manufacturer would or should do that.

Comment as you like. If I or anyone else doesn't like it they can reply, just as I did.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoo View Post
    Say hello to SJW culture.
    I'm not familiar with a lot of the social media abbreviations and have no idea what SJW means.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    I lost all spring and early summer without a boat while the dealer tried to fix the severe porpoising problem. made three payments before I ever fished out of it. I'll be making payments thru the winter while they build my new boat. yeah, it sucks, but hey, I'll have a brand new 2018 boat with a year already paid on it.
    There is a bright side too everything. If you are willing to look for it.

Lifes to to short to dwell on the negative. Just my humble outlook on life. And that's for free LOL

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

I bet he hit a bridge support....had to
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Checked mine over and no sign of any issues.
    No issues so far. Been on Erie multiple times in 2 and 3 footers.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    I bet he hit a bridge support....had to
    Do you think Ranger would be giving him a new hull if he hit something?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyW View Post
    Do you think Ranger would be giving him a new hull if he hit something?
    The way The transom is cracking on both sides is not from a frount inpack .These company jump
    in the high speed in tin boats.Need to test their products a little more.As far as the frount of the boat that trailer has to be the cause of that.

9. Member
    I have been checking out the welds on my '17 RT188 over since reading this post and just noticed that there are a couple cracks in the paint. One small one on the port side transom and another small one on the bow. Im not sure when they appeared but it must have been recent because I am very thorough when wiping down the boat. I'm hoping that it is nothing more than paint chips (I have been having a lot of issues with paint adhesion on this boat since day 1) but I guess time will tell. I want to reach out to Ranger but I'm not sure what they will say about cracks in the paint.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mouabass View Post
    I have been checking out the welds on my '17 RT188 over since reading this post and just noticed that there are a couple cracks in the paint. One small one on the port side transom and another small one on the bow. Im not sure when they appeared but it must have been recent because I am very thorough when wiping down the boat. I'm hoping that it is nothing more than paint chips (I have been having a lot of issues with paint adhesion on this boat since day 1) but I guess time will tell. I want to reach out to Ranger but I'm not sure what they will say about cracks in the paint.
    Paint adhesion should be under warranty. Your boat isn't even a year old. I'd be concerned the cracking is at the welds.

11. Member
    Sould have been more clear. The cracks in the paint are along the welds. Not sure if Ranger would do anything unless the actual welds are separating. I guess best thing to do now is take lots of photos every time I tow and use it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    40 years of owning boats has not clouded my vision - I've owned a bunch of different boats. My opinion on Ranger is based on personal experience and two fantastic dealers that have the highest rated service ratings for boats and motors. I would never buy from Cabela's or BassPro because you don't get the personalized service. You know my Lowe story. I put my complaint in written form to the manufacturer and kept everyone on this board informed. One of the things that I've always liked about this forum has been the positive environment. When a new member remarks to this group of folks that "assumptions don't look good on yall" because we asked legitimate questions is laughable.
    How can I find the service ratings on a dealer? I'm shopping for boats, and want to make sure I use the right dealer.

Thanks.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofus View Post
    How can I find the service ratings on a dealer? I'm shopping for boats, and want to make sure I use the right dealer.

Thanks.
    Not going to find much about the subject. Find a sales department that seems ethical and a service department that is reliable. All the CSI awards and Certifications of service centers don't matter much to me. I see Arkansas is your location. Decide on the brand and start the search.

14. Member
    A good friend of mine has a RT188, it split down the middle, wasn't even on a weld. Ranger did build him a new hull. I think it took 4-1/2 months before he had a boat back. Communication was terrible too. I think that is the biggest issue. People want updates when there is issues. I know in my line of business on any re-work or HOT job I always give daily updates to the customer.

15. Member
    If you've read here long enough and kept up to date with tin bass boat production over the last 15 years you should know that:

1 ALL manufacturers have had their production problems.
    Normally, these issues are corrected over time and the problems end up being resolved. While the reputation of the brand takes a hit - subsequent models tend to be problem free once corrected.

2 There is huge variability in terms of how dealers treat customers and how responsive they are when problems arise.
    This can't be emphasized enough. Your DEALER is key to having a satisfactory buying and owning experience as you will undoubtedly need them in some capacity down the road. It really pays to do your research before committing to a dealer. Remember you are shopping for two things: A boat. And a Dealer.

3 There is great inconsistency in how manufacturers provide timely and adequate customer service especially in warranty cases which require large or costly repair/replacements.
    If you search long enough, you will find stories of complete horror and atrocious customer service from all brands - as well as stories of miraculous and over-the-top treatment by these same brands to very satisfied customers.

It is what it is.
    Last edited by bassassin; 10-09-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
    If you've read here long enough and kept up to date with tin bass boat production over the last 15 years you should know that:

1 ALL manufacturers have had their production problems.
    Normally, these issues are corrected over time and the problems end up being resolved. While the reputation of the brand takes a hit - subsequent models tend to be problem free once corrected.

2 There is huge variability in terms of how dealers treat customers and how responsive they are when problems arise.
    This can't be emphasized enough. Your DEALER is key to having a satisfactory buying and owning experience as you will undoubtedly need them in some capacity down the road. It really pays to do your research before committing to a dealer. Remember you are shopping for two things: A boat. And a Dealer.

3 There is great inconsistencies in how manufacturers provide timely and adequate customer service especially in warranty cases which require large or costly repair/replacements.
    If you search long enough, you will find stories of complete horror and atrocious customer service from all brands - as well as stories of miraculous and over-the-top treatment of these same brands to very satisfied customers.

It is what it is.
    Amen!

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Amen!
    There is zero room on a public forum for this kind of common sense thinking....have you lost your mind? LOL! Oh yeah, as someone who suffered through 15 years of Tracker ownership I say AMEN X2! Okay, so the first five years of Tracker ownership was pretty exciting simply because it was my first ever "bass boat" but after that yikes!

18. Member
    I checked my 2016 out over the weekend and my ribs are showing some slight deformation. Guess it will be going by the dealer this week.
    BassCat Cougar FTD w/Suzuki 250SS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345