Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Minn Kota ultrex

Hey guys where should I go on here to get help this thing is awful

2. Member
    Call Minn Kota. I'm on my second one but they have been fantastic in taking care of my issues with it.

3. Member
    I have called them like 4 times they have made notes of my ishues should I call and ask them too exchange it

4. Member
    Snodogg if you don't mind my asking what ishues you have with it

5. Member
    First one had a bad mount and I was shipped a replacement. Then the steering board fried out and a few "minor" issues like the mount was starting to bind again and the top lock collar wouldn't hold shaft in place. I ended up dropping it off at the MinnKota factory for repair (I live an hour and half away), they shipped me a complete new motor a week later.

I think the Ultrex is great but with any new production item there is bound to be a few issues they can't uncover in R&D.

If you're having issues that are going unresolved then take it to an authorized repair dealer. The dealer will probably ship it back to MinnKota and it may take a couple weeks, but at least it isn't on your dime. Expecting them to just mail a new motor is in my opinion a little extreme...

6. Member
    Mine has been great since day one, such mixed reviews on these things

Another flawless Ultrex on my boat..."knock on wood".

8. Member
    Mine is having spot lock ishues moves non stop won't hold you like I have seen videos it will go 10 too 15 feet too the left then too right back then forward it's a joke first they had me remove too and twist wires said they can get interferences then they had me un hook the puck as is is only for jog feature this thing is driving me crazy

9. Member
    The guys at our service told me that MK had stopped shipping new units because of issues with the mount and shafts breaking. It's a great product and I am sure they will get it all lined out.

10. Member
    Fingers crossed, but so far, no major issues after 6 weeks

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hickend69 View Post
    Mine is having spot lock ishues moves non stop won't hold you like I have seen videos it will go 10 too 15 feet too the left then too right back then forward it's a joke first they had me remove too and twist wires said they can get interferences then they had me un hook the puck as is is only for jog feature this thing is driving me crazy
    Just curious, are you having the spot lock issues only when it's calm or does it do that in the wind/current too? I've noticed the spot lock doesn't work to well when it is calm.

Quote Originally Posted by snodogg View Post
    Just curious, are you having the spot lock issues only when it's calm or does it do that in the wind/current too? I've noticed the spot lock doesn't work to well when it is calm.
    I won't even engage mine when it's calm. It's very erratic.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Member
    Capw: you have done the initial gps setup calibration?
    I remember doing three full rotations of boat with remote in my hand?

14. Member
    Have you tried changing boat weight ratio?
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

15. Banned
    you dont need spot lock when its calm. you aint moving make sure you follow the setup instructions very carefully. you need to complete all 3 steps correctly. then go and adjust your boat offset

I've done the calibrations. It works great with any type of breeze but calm conditions causes the head to do a lot of spinning so I don't even engage it without wind.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member
    Yes followed step to the tee set up and all and it will do that all the time non stop when I first got it it done great then about three months after is when it started

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Another flawless Ultrex on my boat..."knock on wood".
    and another flawless one on mine, holds within 2 feet or less in any conditions I have faced so far.

19. Member
    Question for you guys that have the Ultrex 52" shaft, I've been told the cover will not fit on it after, Z520C, are you having the same experience? My cover is tight as it is with my 45" Fortrex. Thoughts? Can you send it back to Ranger for them to replace the cover patch in that area to make it larger? I suspect not. Thanks.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

I had issues with mine as well...MK replaced it...I sold it...Back to the Fortrex for now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast