Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Cleaning/Flushing motor from Giant Salvinia......

200 Pro XS #2B089362

Had to idle thru 4 miles of Giant salvinia this weekend.....didnt know it was that bad the whole way otherwise i would have used another ramp......kept a close eye on my temp. never got above 127* until i got on plane which it climbed to 140*, got back to an idle, pisser was weak, finally hit some clean water, temp stayed at 125* with the pisser not being weak anymore......

THis evening i started cleaning/Flushing the motor, pulled compressor stainer, flushed from the port on back side.....plan on pulling the T-stats tomorrow evening to make sure they are clean. Is there any safe way to check the water pisser in the rear besides cranking motor with muffs?? What else can i do to check or clean to make sure all is well.....probably bring it to the river to give it a run this weekend to make sure all is great.....

What you see on the strainer below is not a whole lot some fell off and there was a lot more in the strainer port hole (what ever its called).....

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Sound's like you got a plan . Unless you want to pull the lower and check in the water pump and outlets.

That strainer is for your air compressor and the water coming out of your pee hole .

Was that Lake Bistineau ?

4. Banned
    You had to idle through that crap for 4 MILES!!! No freaking way, I would have turned around after I saw it lined up in the pic above. What a freaking mess.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Was that Lake Bistineau ?
    No, Big Creek (Saline/Larto Complex) out side of Alexandria........

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You had to idle through that crap for 4 MILES!!! No freaking way, I would have turned around after I saw it lined up in the pic above. What a freaking mess.
    Well i thought it was gonna clear up and as i kept hoping i just got further into it.....i'll be using the other ramp down the creek.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS