Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2004 Triton TR-20 X purchase price

Good evening,

Looking at a TR-20X from a colleagues brotherinlaw. It is a two owner boat with owners uncle as previous owner. 350 hours on boat and motor. Additions include a Minn Kota talon and 8" in dash at console Lowrance. Equipped with Mercury 225 opti with new lower unit. Trolling motor is a 101 Lb thrust Minn Kota. Asking price is $20,000. Just wanting some opinions on price point.

Regards,

Dennis

2. Member
    In my opinion that is the max price if the boat is mint.It also seems bass boat prices are different pending on the region there in and that maybe stating the obvious.

3. Member
    from what ive been seeing that's cheap lol. I saw a 21x 03 with 225 Honda for 26k. ive saw some for 2001-02 for 16-18. but imo 18-20 is about the max as was stated above

4. Member
    Thanks! If there are any other opinions please let me know. Going to look and ride Saturday afternoon.

5. Member
    I paid the same price for a 06 TR20x w/225 Pro XS in 2013, tournament ready boat and one owner, 2 HDS 10 gen 2, and 10in HYD JP. Like previously said that should be max for that boat.
    Last edited by 6BOOMER; 09-20-2017 at 09:13 AM.

6. Member
    $20000 is max as it sets. That's a regular 225 opti max isn't it.

7. Member
    Okay I'll use 20k as the max. Yes, it is a Mercury Opti max with a torque master lower unit. Thanks, for the opinions. It also currently has a Lowrance 12 & 10 on boat along with in dash units. I think I'm going to ask him to leave the 10 on the bow if I like the boat during test drive. Owner is out of town and the brother in law and me are going over to inspect and test drive boat Saturday afternoon.

Since that is a standard Opti make sure you get the reeds changed to carbon fiber ones
    Mercury only rates the metal ones for 400 hours
    My 03 went at 225 hours
    when they go there is a good chance they will take out the power head

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

9. Member
    So the older Opti max air compressors did not come from factory with carbon fiber reeds? I did not know this fact. So the swap out is like changing them on a small outboard? If anyone knows anymore about this issue please let me know. I could use as a bargaining tool and will need to know inside details on swap out.

Thanks!

10. Member
    Carbon reeds have nothing to do with the compressor. Opti Max pro xs motors have carbon fiber reeds installed at the factory because they turn higher rpm's but regular Opti Max's don't so there really isn't a bargaining chip there. He's telling you to have them installed so you don't suck a reed and blow the motor after you buy it.

11. Member
    I sold my Triton TR20X 2004 Bassmaster Classic with 2008 Yamaha 225 HPDI 112 Minn Kota Fortrex Humingbird 998, 2 older Lowrance units. Boat was almost perfect, included Gorilla Hull and road armor on trailer. New carpet, and new seats. Sold in spring of 2015 for $23500.00. I was happy and so was the buyer. $20k seems fair to me.

12. Member
    Okay now I understand. I do not know the mechanical makeup of the air compressors(Probably just a little centrifugal) on Opti max motors, but I have changed reeds out on an outboard, my Pro Max. Thanks for clarifying mdtritn21.

13. Member
    Compressor on an opti max is a piston pump with a reed plate.

14. Member
    Wow. I bought my 03 bmc edition tr21 with a 03 250hpdi and hds 8&7. Beautiful boat. 325hrs on motor. Paid 14.5k last year. Have since done lots of upgrading on features and lighting and power poles. Thinkin the prices im hearing i shouldnt lose money when i sell this boat. Lol. Good to know.

15. Member
    Thanks for the input on pricing everyone. mdtritn21 thanks for clarifying air compressor type. Going to look at boat today with fishing trip test drive with colleague. I'll report on my inspection and test drive later.

16. Member
    Pics from inspection and test drive yesterday.

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Boat is very dirty and needs some serious cleaning. Has a brand new lower unit. Trailer needs some attention. Missing a couple marker lights and one rear light needs replacing. Everything worked perfectly. On test drive I had to stop at 62 due to colleague not liking the ride. Hole shot was okay, but not fast by any means. Keel guard is damaged a little and there lots of small markings on keel of boat. Nothing deep I crawled under entire length of boat. Every compartment in boat was completely full of tackle and fishing stuff. Going to meet with owner one day next week.

18. Member
    id start at 18k. plus a good cleaning lol. you should be able to make him fix and replace all the lights.

19. Member
    Where's the spare tire? That could cost you a few hundo.

20. Member
    Spare is in the garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast