Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTTEXAN View Post
    I understand your 36% number, it depends on whether you are calculating the safety margin of the truck, 3,600 is 36% of 10,000, or of the tires 3,600 is 26% of 13,600.

I agree that 45psi should be ok in your example, I would probably run 50 to 55 on that weight down here on a tandem to minimize sidewall flex a little more. Sidewall flex is what generates much of the added tire heat to an already high ambient temperature here.
    The Endurance sidewalls are quite thick, and while that reduces flex, there is more rubber flexing. All that extra rubber retains more of the heat verses a thinner sidewall. So it's a bit of a "catch 22". This I why I am reluctant to run a thick sidewall high load range tire too far below its max psi in a hot environment.
    So simply put, your saying you don't run 65psi just because the tire can handle it? Thank you, back towards the beginning of the thread we talked about hot running psi with 50# in the old tires and how running some extra air in the endurance only made a couple more psi hot, along with tips using chalk to make sure your tires are still flat vs over inflated turning them into a motorcycle shap.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    My single axle boat trailer weight is maxed out with load range C tires. I now have Endurance D range tires at 65max psi to give me the margin I want due to our hot climate. The Chinese load C's might as well have a roulette wheel molded in the sidewall.

On the tandems with the Endurance range D I back of a bit to 50-55 (which is max psi for the loans C tires they replaced) depending on the weight of the trailer and the margin,but not to the extent the Goodyear chart suggests, again, to help keep the the tires from overheating.
    So far the Endurance treadwear looks fine, but perfect treadwear is not important to me. The tires do have a full foot print on the ground.
    Last edited by LOSTTEXAN; 09-28-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

3. Banned
    My single axle boat trailer weight is maxed out with load range C tires. I now have Endurance D range tires at 65max psi to give me the margin I want due to our hot climate. The Chinese load C's might as well have a roulette wheel molded in the sidewall.

On the tandems with the Endurance range D I back of a bit to 50-55 (which is max psi for the loans C tires they replaced) depending on the weight of the trailer and the margin,but not to the extent the Goodyear chart suggests, again, to help keep the the tires from overheating.
    So far the Endurance treadwear looks fine, but perfect treadwear is not important to me. The tires do have a full foot print on the ground.
    A good read right here ^^^^
    And after witnessing how much deflection there is on a trailer tire when it hits a pothole or blunt pavement edge, running the pressure quite high even on a tandem trailer makes sense.
    I was fishing at a lake a couple of miles away. The only parking is on an abandoned rail bed parallel to the highway. The drop off the pavement is 2-3", so when pulling back on the highway I was going at a slow creep. I watched in the mirror for the trailer tire to hit the ridge, and was shocked to see a tire with 55psi of pressure deflect nearly half-way to the wheel. Now keep in mind that it's a 13" tire, so it's not a tall tire, but to see a tire with that much pressure deflect that far tells me that I don't want to run even a tandem trailer tire at a low pressure. Hitting a big pothole or ridge at 60mph will cut a tire aired down just so the "trailer can ride better".

4. Member
    Goodyear isn't the same company it used to be. The days of them and Firestone controlling the US market are long gone. My hometown's Goodyear Tire store opened in 1944 and today maybe 5% of their sales are Goodyear.
    They are struggling to produce an acceptable product at a competitive price in what is now a global market.
    There can be a big difference in the quality they have the expertise to produce and what they deliver to the customer.
    Case in point; Marathon trailer tire's made in China.
    The Endurance tires appear to be a valid attempt to restore their reputation. I suspect at their present selling price they are breaking even at best financially on selling them. I think once they are established as a dependable tire the price could go up significantly.
    I don't care what they cost vs a Chinese piece of s##t tires. I lost two fenders thanks to blowouts from running Carlisle Chinese junk. Only way I will buy a Chinese trailer tire again is if there is no other choice.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 09-30-2017 at 04:39 PM.

5. Member
    Test drove today with 65pds. Trailer hits hard and really bounces on bumps. Smooth ride otherwise. Air pressure does make it take bumps very hard

6. Member
    The chart is right here guys. Pick how many pounds of extra capacity you want and inflate away.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

As an aside, I had my 2 year old Marathons replaced with the Endurance last Friday. If they ride as good as they look I'll be impressed. These are the most car looking trailer tires I've ever seen. My trailer is a large single axle so it takes the 225/75R15 size which is an E rated tire so I have to figure out my pressure as well. What most people don't realize is that load capacity is solely dependent on pressure as a specific tire size. If you look at my tire size for instance. The Marathons I replaced were a Load C at 50 psi. My new Marathons have the same load capacity at 50psi but they are capable of being inflated to 80psi for a significantly higher capacity. This works for every tire I have seen, trailer and truck.

What that means is, if you are replacing tires of the exact same size, you can inflate to the same pressure as your old tires and have exactly the same capacity.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    Goodyear Endurance tires are meant to be inflated to 65psi. So that is what you should inflate them to. Period.
    +1

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by western angler View Post
    +1
    I won't get into a pissing match but if that were the case every car/truck manufacturer would not have tire inflation information on the door pillar of EVERY vehicle manufactured. And the tire manufactures would not have inflation charts per weight of the vehicle as Marshfly posted. You can run them at max pressure but tire wear will suffer along with ride. but it is better to be over than under! Me, I inflate to the load I am hauling. The only suggestion I have is Don't run china bombs! Marshfly so far I am very happy with the Endurance tires. I replace a set of 17 [not a misprint] year old Canadian made Marathons with these and am running a single axle trailer with just shy of 4k on the axle. Running at 60psi and see 75mph+ on the trip to Canada for hours at a time. No issues. CJ
    Last edited by CJ1; 10-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I don't care what they cost vs a Chinese piece of s##t tires. I lost two fenders thanks to blowouts from running Carlisle Chinese junk. Only way I will buy a Chinese trailer tire again is if there is no other choice.
    +1 I will put car tires on before china bombs. I still want to know who actually tests these imported tire so they meet the specs? I believe no one. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

I was running Carlisle on all 4 wheels. My last flat, I had them install the new Endurance tires on the left 2 wheels. Then the pressure question came up. If I'm still running 2 Carlisle @ 50psi on the right side, should I really inflate the Endurance tires to 65psi on the left side? Seemed like a better idea to maintain 50psi all around.

11. Member
    The only comment I can say about this post is, you can sure tell when the fish aren't bitting...

Quote Originally Posted by sooner magic View Post
    The only comment I can say about this post is, you can sure tell when the fish aren't bitting...
    Haha so true, as far as side to side mismatching brands, i would much rather have 1 axel matching and have different front to back combos, also if you run the hitch an inch high your rear axel will be carrying more weight, put the endurance there and add 5 psi, if your flat flat flat put the endurance on the front as many trailer flats are the front kicking stuff up and the tears catching it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234