Thread: 2nd bilge pump

2nd bilge pump

is there a separate switch for it or does it work off the same switch. I have the big discharge hole on the back port (next to the livewell pumpout) but have never had water come out of it. the auto and the switch work fine which discharges on the starboard side

thanks in advance

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the switch will control the extra manual pump and the other is on auto with a float wired direct
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    the switch will control the extra manual pump and the other is on auto with a float wired direct
    if that is the case do they both discharge thru the same fitting? when I use manual or if the auto comes on they both discharge thru the starboard side.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    yes same fitting, put some water in the bilge and after the auto starts pumping flip on the manual and you will see the water flow increase.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

How many openings do you have on the port side?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

6. Member
    On my 17 721 they both come out of the same hole
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    How many openings do you have on the port side?
    on the port I have the two livewell pumpout and the one large one

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    so one is a backup and only works if you put it on manual? They are both the same model on mine. How does that work if the boat in the water over night and it rains and the Bilge burns out? Will the second one kick on?

9. Member
    Both will run. I re-piped mine to 2 outlets. The problem (IMO) is that the pump discharge with one pump running will only pump some water out. Some of the water will go back thru the other pump. There are no check valves. My water volume doubled at the outlets when I did this.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

10. Member
    FYI when washing your boat and carpet don't stand in front of the discharge because the auto bilge will come on.
    Don't Ask me how I know.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    Both will run. I re-piped mine to 2 outlets. The problem (IMO) is that the pump discharge with one pump running will only pump some water out. Some of the water will go back thru the other pump. There are no check valves. My water volume doubled at the outlets when I did this.
    Mine is a 2016 and they are piped separately. just when I was fixing a loose hose I notice when I turned the knob on the bilge to activate them only one turned on. Just not sue if one is bad or not.

12. Banned
    At least on my boat both bilge pumps are AUTO and have floats, but the one has the option via the control panel to be turned on manually in addition to the float turning it on.

There is a dial on the side of the bilge pumps to raise the float and test it.

13. Member
    one pump is auto only

the other pump is auto AND manual.

Provided you have a model of boat that has 2 pumps, not all models have 2 pumps. But then I don't know if they changed that since 2015.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

14. Member
    I ordered it on my 17 721 I did have a bad plug on the back of my integrated wiring system. I got them working with Jeffs help. They exit out one hole but when that 2nd one kicks in you know it because it will shoot out a whole lot farther when they both kick in.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

15. Member
    Thanks for all of the input guys! I figured out my problem.The fuse for the one bilge pump was blown (there is a fuse for each).
    So I took out the pump and notices the impellor was stuck. Freed it up and cleaned it out good, replaced the fuse and BAM works perfect.
    As for Auto and manual. Both of my pumps are auto with the float inside. When I turn the bilge switch to manual on the dash only one turns on.
    Last edited by bassmasher; 02-12-2018 at 06:17 AM.

16. Member
    My new 721 was ordered with dual bilge pumps. The switch on the switchpad will not allow me to turn it left to Auto bilge setting. Will the auto bilge work with master power breaker off?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcarrol View Post
    My new 721 was ordered with dual bilge pumps. The switch on the switchpad will not allow me to turn it left to Auto bilge setting. Will the auto bilge work with master power breaker off?
    It should. When we say "auto" it means the pump is wired to the battery and always has power and the float will kick it on.

18. Member
    Yes, the auto bilge will work with master power switch off. I learned this in a funny way. Was headed to the lake and drove through an unexpected thunderstorm. My plug was left in the boat. I arrived at the launch and started prepping my boat for launching and as I was squatting down double checking plug and removing stern straps the auto bilge kicked out and drenched me with water lol. I knew my power supply was still off because I hadn't even switched it on yet from traveling.