Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a receiver hitch on the front of my truck and it does a great job. But there are still some tight places that the total length of boat and truck just cannot maneuver in.

Another tip for those who have to move a double axle at sharp turns in a garage...
    Black plastic! That, plus a trailer valet, makes it so easy.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. Member
    I tried a trailer dolly and my garage appears pretty flat. With that being said, it is not flat. It slopes slightly to the front but to the naked eye it's flat. I was thinking a trailer dolly would make it much easier to put the boat in the garage but it didn't. I tried the one from Harbor Freight and it was terrible. It's really low to the ground and you can't adjust the height, plus it's just not well made. Then I bought one off Amazon for around $150. It was well built and you could adjust the height of the ball. It was still really hard to push the boat in the garage. So I guess if you are positive your surface is perfectly flat it would be a good buy. The link below is to the dolly I bought on amazon. It is definitely well built so if you go in that direction it would be something to think about. If not, the trailer valet I'm sure would be great. Hope this info helped a little.

Tow Tuff Adjustable Trailer Dolly with Caster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAM1UEU..._feAXzb0WQQ1Z5

4. Member
    I had the Trailer Valet XL for a few weeks but decided to buy a motorized one instead. It's too low to the ground for me and just was not comfortable either cranking or using the drill. Also, if you have any kind of lip leading into the garage you will have a hard time getting past it. I ended up getting a Parkit360, and there is no comparison. Yes, it's a lot more expensive but it was well worth it for me.

Even with the motorized dolly, it's still difficult to get up the lip. I ended up bolting a winch to the floor to pull it past the lip, and used the dolly to place it where I want.

Parkit 360, 10000 lb model. Only thing that stops it is a wheel chock.

Parkit 360, 10000 lb model. Only thing that stops it is a wheel chock.

7. Member
    The manual trailer dollies on a tandem axle trailer don't work that good unless you are going straight back and not trying to make turns. I used a Murray lawn tractor that I bought for $100 and put a hitch on the back and added weight to the front of the Murray and used it for years. It moved my Basscat Jaguar without any problems and made the task very easy. When your concrete guy is pouring for the garage or metal building have him put a slope on the entrance and that way you don't have a lip to deal with getting your boat in.

8. Member
    I have used the harbor freight hand dolly for years. I have about an inch on both sides of my garage door. I unhook from truck put it on the dolly line it up perfect push the boat in, maneuver it with no problem. I would recommend you try it, if you don't like it return it.

Trailer dolliy (go jack type) framing may catch on the asphalt driveways if it's uneven enough. They work well on level poured concrete floors though. I had a Trailer Valet for a short time, before selling it and getting a parkit 360. Nothing like using the trailer valet putting your boat back in the garage after a day of fishing, especially if it's hot. It will make you sweat, cuss, and your back and arm will be soar from bending over and cranking it. It has small tires that may slip if wet or trying to make a sharp turn where it takes a lot of force. It's a little more effort to hook up the parkit 360, but you only push a button and guide it to move your boat. Be aware if you have an asphalt drive, the asphalt may roll up over time, if you are making a hard turn repetitively in the same spot.

10. Member
    I use the trailer valet. I don't have an incline or a lip to deal with. I use it with an 18v drill. Works great for my situation. The Parkit looks real nice.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Trailer dolliy (go jack type) framing may catch on the asphalt driveways if it's uneven enough. They work well on level poured concrete floors though. I had a Trailer Valet for a short time, before selling it and getting a parkit 360. Nothing like using the trailer valet putting your boat back in the garage after a day of fishing, especially if it's hot. It will make you sweat, cuss, and your back and arm will be soar from bending over and cranking it. It has small tires that may slip if wet or trying to make a sharp turn where it takes a lot of force. It's a little more effort to hook up the parkit 360, but you only push a button and guide it to move your boat. Be aware if you have an asphalt drive, the asphalt may roll up over time, if you are making a hard turn repetitively in the same spot.
    Honestly I has a Trailer Valet XL and haven't experienced any thing that you mention. Maybe I have the perfect conditions for it in my garage/driveway.

12. Member
    I've got the Parkit360 and like it. My only complaint is that their trailer hitch has these strange bumps on the side which keeps my coupler from completely seating and latching.

Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    I've got the Parkit360 and like it. My only complaint is that their trailer hitch has these strange bumps on the side which keeps my coupler from completely seating and latching.
    Leave the bumps alone. They are made so the ball doesn't spin inside the coupling. My coupling closes normally. If you are having problems---- Is the ParkIt level? I put a 4x4 under the back of it hooking and unhooking

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Leave the bumps alone. They are made so the ball doesn't spin inside the coupling. My coupling closes normally. If you are having problems---- Is the ParkIt level? I put a 4x4 under the back of it hooking and unhooking
    I just found a video on their youtube site that says the bumps have to point a certain way. I also found they have an attachment which would solve my other complaint of it not sitting upright on its own:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/acc...nt=41399878992

I think the bumps are there to catch and grab onto the coupler so you can tighten down the collar without the ball spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    I just found a video on their youtube site that says the bumps have to point a certain way. I also found they have an attachment which would solve my other complaint of it not sitting upright on its own:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/acc...nt=41399878992

$500 for a couple wheels???? Use a 4x4. I Have thought about welding a bracket like theirs and adding a couple casters on the back---- I'm sure I could bring it in under $50 ( top of the line casters)

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    $500 for a couple wheels???? Use a 4x4. I Have thought about welding a bracket like theirs and adding a couple casters on the back---- I'm sure I could bring it in under $50 ( top of the line casters)
    I agree it's pricey and that's why I haven't bought it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12