Helix 12 with chirp Gen 1 compatibly with 899CI HD SI questions.

Need help here please.

I purchased a used boat with two existing 899's. One is at the console and the other at the bow and are networked together with a hub. I want to use my 12" helix with these units but unsure of compatibility. If possible I would like to run the helix and one of the 899's side by side at the helm and leave the other 899 at the bow. I know I need to mount my transducer from the helix. There are currently two transducers mounted. One is smaller than the other. Can I mount all three transducers without interference and if not what would the best way to proceed?

Thanks

l

The units will cross-talk. Share the Helix HDSI transducer via Ethernet, don't need a transducer connected to the console 899, but you cannot share sonar with the 899 when the Helix has CHIRP turned on.

You should have exchanged the Compact SI transducers for the HDSI when you got them.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Sorry I need to clarify. I am taking my helix 12 from my existing boat and moving to the new/used boat. Would it be possible to keep the 899's hooked up the way they are and just add my 12 with the transducer it came with and running it separate without connecting to the Ethernet? Would there be interference with the two sonars?

Thank you

If you operate the H12 and the 899's at the same time with their transducers, the first sentence above applies.

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If you're not feeding a Sonar source, or pulling one from another machine...

CROSS TALK, always bet on Duke!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/