Jig heads style preferences? What and why do you like a curtain style?

I thought I would bring up a question here to see if I get as many a different answers as I got form my fishing buddies.

When it comes to jig heads (talking bottom touching style heads.) what type heads do you prefer and is the hook eye placement important to you? Example, I prefer round heads on both my skirt style jigs and shackey heads when fishing 1/8oz - 1/4oz, and a football style on both skirt jigs and or shackey heads, when fishing anything 1/4oz and above. Also I like the flat eye on the round head and the hidden eye on the football heads for both shackey and skirt jigs.

So i'm wondering if some of you are different or if you kind of live by these same basic rules.
    2001 Triton TR176DC, Mercury 125hp, Lowrance HDS9 gen3 & HDS7 gen2

2. Member
    I pretty much like a ball head or football head with horizontal line tie.

3. Member
    I only use tungsten for my bottom dragging baits because the feel is so much better and I can use less weight than I would with lead. For shaky heads I love the round head with a 90 degree hook and straight eye. For a football head jig I like the flat eye and a 60 degree bend hook. I sell the tungsten for basically the same price as most lead products so they are all I recommend anymore. For guys making their own stuff then the cost savings might be enough to stick with lead, but man you are missing out on the feel with the tungsten.

4. Member
    I prefer a poison tail design for my jig fishing.

The style of head I like depends on the cover, if any, and structure. For a rocky/gravel bottom with no major weeds or wood cover, I have a custom made mold that I use to make a stand-up head that I like.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    For rocks and brush, I like a vertical line tie. 60 degrees. It just comes through it better. Just like the Hack Attack jig.

7. Member
    99% of the time Im throwing a GRT jig unless I'm in the thick slop. It is a custom football type head with Arky characteristics, I can go on ledges, then to brush timber and grass . It has a vertical line tie and mustad ultra point hook, plenty of colors to pick from . I like it because I dont have to carry extra weight in the boat with different head styles.

8. Member
    I like a mushroom or football, don't mind position as much as I do color. I fish clear waters so I run realistic shad and reddish crayfish colors, so I want a red or orange eye.