'08 Nitro 901C Livewell Valve Issue

Hey all!

Interesting situation here...

As I'm sure a lot of you know, the boat I have has 2 little levers by the console to open and close the livewell valves for each livewell. I was fishing a tournament on Saturday, closed the well valves in the morning and everything was great all day. After it was over, starboard side opened just fine, but the lever for the port side had no tension and just swung back and forth and did nothing, the valve was stuck closed. When I got home, I went through the pain in the butt process and removed the batteries, oil reservoir, and tray that were in the way and went bilge diving (which sucks). I checked to make sure the cable/wire was still attached to the valve lever, and it was. I then manually opened the valve and drained the well. After I did that, the lever at the console had tension again, and I used it to close the valve. Once again it was then useless and swung back and forth, and to open the valve I had to do it manually down in the bilge. So, the lever at the console works for closing the well valve but not opening. Any thoughts as to what is going on here? Obviously, the cable/wire is not broken or it wouldn't work at all. Is it possible that it is stretched? Or another idea, is there some kind of spring mechanism for reopening the valve from the front and thus "pushing" the cable/wire? I'm open to anything!

Thanks for any responses and taking the time to read!
    -Zach

The cable is still attached when it doesn't open the valve?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Yup. It is still attached on both ends. If I simply go down in the bilge and manually move the little lever back (with the cable still attached to it), it opens the well and then the lever by the console has tension once again. It only works for closing it, and then can't open it.
    -Zach

4. Member
    The cable may be broken somewhere in the middle. When "pushing" it will close the valve but it will not "pull". Just a guess. Might be time for a new cable and you might as well replace both while you are diving.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

Just in case anyone was interested, I did end up figuring out what the problem was.

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Zach