need help picking fish finder

Since I'm old and learned math on a slide rule electronics doesn't come easy for me. I would like to purchase a helix 10 with SI also 360. I am confused as what to buy. Prices for the depth finder vary a lot. I think I want the newer version with chirp but don't care about blue tooth or 40 billion waypoints. I want to see the best screen I can and I think that's about the resolution and chirp. I have a helix 9 di and would like a better picture, that's why the upgrade. I also have trouble with what I have because the depth shows wrong most of the time. Should I have purchased a trolling motor specific transducer. Also will I have to upgrade my 360 transducer? Not sure anyone can answer with info that is too simple, as it took me a while just to figure out how to turn the 360 helix 9 on. Thanks, old farts sometimes take a while to get her done, but in the end it feels so good when you get it right.

If you already have a 360, you got all there is.

The units have a lot of features and its your choice to use them or not.
    The best screen in the Helix series is the Helix 12 series.
    The 10 does have a higher pixel density than the Helix 9.

If you are using the transom DI transducer on the trolling motor and don't have any RFI issues, then changing to a trolling motor puck would be no advantage unless you want to use 83/200 kHz 2D sonar instead of 200/455 kHz 2D sonar. One of the two available pucks (XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T) is tuned to 83/200 kHz.
    Depth issues can be with any unit model/transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne, sorry for the dumb questions but I assume I will change the helix 9 transducer on my trolling motor with the one that comes with the helix 10 si fish finder then hook the 360 up like I did with the helix 9.

Quote Originally Posted by maxo View Post
    Thanks Wayne, sorry for the dumb questions but I assume I will change the helix 9 transducer on my trolling motor with the one that comes with the helix 10 si fish finder then hook the 360 up like I did with the helix 9.
    The 360 connection is the same.

Yes, you have to use the SI transducer with the SI unit. Just need a trolling motor mount for it
    Two choices:

Transducer Shield and Saver----- TM-HDsi
    Humminbird ---- AD STM 7
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks again Wayne, not sure most people realize how nice it is to have people to be helpful to you when you get old, but people like you and fishing always brings a smile to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by maxo View Post
    Thanks again Wayne, not sure most people realize how nice it is to have people to be helpful to you when you get old, but people like you and fishing always brings a smile to my face.
    I may be older than you are.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL