Xpress x19 175 sho tempest prop

Some of you guys was going to try a 23 tempest just wondering the speed and performance your getting

2. Member
    After several conversations with the guy's at Rothwell they talked me into getting the 21 pitch instead of the 23. They all told me that if my motor was only turning 5000 rpm with the PT OFX I wasn't going to get any better rpm wise with the 23 Tempest. So here we go. PTP 3.5" RPMS 5900 MPH/GPS 60. This is with a full load. I didn't have an extra body to go with so I loaded some sandbags to simulate a passenger. Boat handled very good. This was last week when we were experiencing 20-25 mph winds everyday. Winds were quartering into the bow and I had to fight that. I'm going to run again when I get back from offshore this coming Thursday. I believe with a little calmer conditions I can improve that. Still not sure if I should have gone for the 23 or not.
    2018 Express X19 Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO

3. Member
    I have not had a calm enough day yet to truly run mine all out yet. So far with the Tempest 23 pitch I have gotten it up to about 55mph at 5200 RPM but still had a ways to go just not enough water left in the calmer part. Once I get a slick morning or evening I will let you know what my max RPM is with the 23 pitch. I also just got my Simrad hooked up to my SHO so now I can tell for sure what my RPMs are and so far my gauge has been spot on which is good but I like the digital readout on the Simrad. I have heard of some variance there but I'm not seeing much.

4. Member
    With better conditions I have made several runs with the 21 pitch tempest plus. RPMS are running 6200-6250 with GPS speed 60 mph. Sending prop back to Rothwell for an exchange to a 23 pitch. Should have gone that route from the beginning. Update in a week.
    2018 Express X19 Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO

5. Member
    The tempest is a good prop but just doesn't have the stern lift my boat liked. It's a great fishing prop handled better than my Txp but not as good as Txp ot4 wich is my new prop it's the best Ive used so far. Powertechs are junk on these hulls I haven't found a t1 to try. Plug the holes in your a tempest and enjoy if your just wanting a great ride
    2015 X19 200 SHO