Field & Stream Fayetteville

Went there today and Was impressed.. Between them and the new Dicks you can find just about anything needed. They had a very nice gun and ammo section as well as a well stocked fishing section.. Both stores are under one roof so they are accessible regardless what store you enter through.. Give them look!
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

2. Member
    I was wondering when they were going to open. I need to get a few things to stock a tin rig I just ordered. I need to go check them out. Are they having any grand opening specials?

Grand open next weekend I believe..

4. Banned
    Over priced just like that other place that went out of business. Academy Sports, like the sign shows, lowest prices in NC

You lucked out. The one we had up here didn't last 2 years. I had given up going there for fishing stuff long before that. Never had what I was looking for. They would occasionally have some good deals on guns though.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    That is why I inquired about grand opening specials. It is about the only time you can afford something at those type of stores unless they are having a sale. Priced some things out at Academy Sports and they are on the high side like Gander Mt. was as well.

Does Dick's have fishing tackle now?
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Quote Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
    Does Dick's have fishing tackle now?
    I went in the one in Apex a month or so ago and the fishing section was pitiful, about like Walmart. Thats fine because I always hate going in there anyways. The Field & Stream that was here was decent as far as selection goes.

Bass Pro is about the best for selection, end up paying alot more in alot of cases though. Identical spool of line at the Tackle Box is $3 less.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Dave, I didn't see any fishing items in Dicks.. if my memory serves me correctly, Field & Stream had all the outdoor stuff except golf.. I thought F&S had a good mix of fishing stuff.. I am certain it's better than Academy Sports and Wal-Marts around here..

10. Banned
    BPS anytime for me but have shopped at Dicks in Raleigh a couple of times for senkos when they were on sale and picked up a few odd and ends. Academy sports has some great baits for how i fish in their name brand that i have purchased at the Hickory store. Been to the Academy in Greenville twice and picked up a few things also. Never been in a BPS and they did not have what i was looking for and their sales staff is way above anywhere i have ever been, bar none. Have had one instance where a on-line order was delayed because they could not locate a couple of items but they eventually they found them and got them to me. Refunds or returns have been a A+ experience for me every single time and treated very well. BPS is way ahead of any car dealership, restaraunt, doctor's office, gas station, etc, etc that i have ever been in to do bussiness or service. E-trailer is the only one i have ever had problems with and they stuck me pretty good. Wished they were closer and i would make a visit so i could get a person to person meeting on their "robbery" they did.

11. Member
    Academy Sports is opening a new store in Apex this weekend I think !!

The one in Greensboro is right in front of where my son plays hockey. We went in there a few weeks ago and I was surprised at what they actually had. i went in expecting it to be like Dicks. They had a good sell on lucky craft baits at the time so I bought him a couple for about the same prices as a Rapala bait. I still think some of the local tackle shops have a better selection though because they did not have what I was actually looking for.

13. Banned
    the even better thing about AS is that a lot of times shipping is free. Why drive when that is offered