Upgraded to ultrex 360, now have interference...didn't before

Now that I've upgraded, the ultrex 360 has interference whereas the non-ultrex did not. It is constant, so it shouldn't be the trolling motor. I turned off the onix at the console, so it isn't causing interference. I wrapped the end of the Ethernet cable around a ferrite ring. I don't have anything else running. I can't figure out how to clear it up. I've turned the noise filter up to 5. It's lessened the starburst/asteroid effect, but I want it gone. Any ideas?

What unit is at the bow???
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Onix 10 ci on the bow & onix 10si at the helm

Have you set the SI and DI for 800 kHz or used Auto Disable so it turns off SI/DI when a 360 view is selected?

The 360 uses 455 kHz and it is not selectable.

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/...onWheelEffect/

Otherwise you have a faulty 360.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Yes. I've done all of that. Thanks

6. Member
    Try turning off all the other sonars and see if that helps. Heck turn off everything for that matter and turn stuff on one by one to see what's causing it

7. Member
    i have a 360 and an ultrex and also have a significant amount of interference on the 360 anytime the TM is running. I also have the same interference on my solix 12 and helix 12 so much so that they are useless while running the Ultrex, which means they are useless about 80% of the time. I can change the units to the lowest frequency and it clears up some but still there. Also I didn't spend 5K on 2 mega imaging units to not use mega imaging.... I might add I had everything professionally installed... I've tried everything MK has suggested and still nothing. Been working on this issue since last October. I have to say i'm not satisfied at all with it. If you happen to find a solution outside of what HB suggest please post it back here so I might benefit from it as well.

8. Member
    See how it looks when you temporarily disconnect the Ethernet cable between the Ultrex and Ethernet switch.
    Verify the fuse in the Ultrex head isn't blown also.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

9. Member
    I have had interference issuses using the maxxum and the fortrex. I got rid of about 80%. I seperated the 360 from the TM. Used a Minnkota TM choke. Wrapped all of my TM wires in a rubber material. Used ferrite chokes on the transducers. Used shielded cables from my isolated battery. And I also have my isolated electronics battery grounded. If I could upload pics I could show you.
    Last edited by wappkid; 05-15-2018 at 07:11 PM.

10. Member
    I plan on getting an Ultrex. I'm gonna put a TM choke on it and wrap the wires from the get go. I have had bad interference from my last 2 TM's. Almost to the point to where it is unuseable.