Refueling hassle.

Had my boat in a slip for the weekend here a few weeks ago and it rained pretty good, found out my auto float on my bilge pump was not working so I removed the tank and fixed it, while I was at it I scrubbed everything clean and added this fuel cap. I got tired of putting gas in an ounce at a time so I bought this cap, it has a 3" hole when you pull the plug, I used plastic bonder to seal the vents in the cap off so I wouldn't get fumes in the bilge. BTW, that tank is a pain to get out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

Great idea if you have one of the tuff fillers. Mine will take it wide open and shoot out the cap if you dont stop it

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I added a valve to the tank on mine
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

4. Member
    Check how the vent line is run. I re positioned mine and can fill wide open now
    2011 21xrd
    2011 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn8165 View Post
    Check how the vent line is run. I re positioned mine and can fill wide open now
    I jacked with it till I got tired of it, my last one was the same way. I have seen other that were much worse but I still got tired of it.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

6. Member
    Turn the nozzle for the gas pump upside down. It changes the angle the fuel goes in then there fine.

canadabullet thought me this trick and it works amazing

7. Member
    A lot of times the fuel fill hose is too long as gets a sag in it. Cut it to the exact length and most of the time problem is solved.

I pull my hose off and put gas straight in the tank.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Turn the nozzle for the gas pump upside down. It changes the angle the fuel goes in then there fine.

canadabullet thought me this trick and it works amazing
    Always do that.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyG.Mo View Post
    Always do that.

And you still have issues ? After I started doing that I can pump gas in there as fast as the pump will go

11. Member
    I installed a 1/4 turn valve in the vent line. Open it before pumping gas and can pump wide open.

If you kinda loosen the vent clamp on the tank to where you can pull it off when you get gas itll usually help on those hard fillers. Ive never seen one that i couldnt fix by blowing out the vent line and shortening it up just right but im sure there are gonna be some difficult ones. Ive seen guys unhook them from the truck and lower the jack all the way down to fill em. Seen guys have to pull the drivers side up on a couple 2x4. The proper vent hose routing fixed em all.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    If you kinda loosen the vent clamp on the tank to where you can pull it off when you get gas itll usually help on those hard fillers. Ive never seen one that i couldnt fix by blowing out the vent line and shortening it up just right but im sure there are gonna be some difficult ones. Ive seen guys unhook them from the truck and lower the jack all the way down to fill em. Seen guys have to pull the drivers side up on a couple 2x4. The proper vent hose routing fixed em all.
    ^^^^^ this!

Normally the fill and the vent hoses are too long, shorten them as much as possible. Another trick I've used is to tie wrap the vent above the fill so there is no sag in the vent and fuel cannot collect in it.

Once you do that you don't have to stand on your head just to pump fuel or pull hoses off the tank.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0