Thread: Spybaiting 101

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apparently, it's Swendseid, but thank you for your response. See, spelling matters! I had already posted a message to Duo Realis USA, and thought I'd wait a few days for a response to that. I greatly appreciate your posting some useful information, Mr. Jesse-C.

Very welcome sir

thanks
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    I was recalling that they have a weight system that shifts fore/aft, and thought maybe it's stuck forward, or otherwise fubar. I don't understand why they would make it to fall any different than the 80 size. Doesn't seem logical to me, anyway.
    I've got several Megabass trick darters that the weight transfer system doesn't work, they fall straight down, tail first. I'd think you have a similar problem.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    I've got several Megabass trick darters that the weight transfer system doesn't work, they fall straight down, tail first. I'd think you have a similar problem.
    There is no weight transfer in the duo's.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    There is no weight transfer in the duo's.
    They might be confusing the Spinbaits with their Jerkbaits. I am sure I read somewhere that at least some of their Jerkbait models have a weight transfer system in them.

Whether the Duo Realis Spinbaits have a weight transfer system or not, there's no reason for one to fall nose straight down. I haven't heard back from Mr. Swendseid or anybody else at Duo. Highly likely I'll sell it on eBay. Slim chance I'll buy any Duo product again, too.

The Duo saga has come to an end. I was rather shocked when a package came in the mail...from Japan...with two more Duo Spinbait 90's...different color, tho. A few weeks later, I got another package from Mr. Swendseid, with two more, in yet another color. I thought about what to do, since it was still not fishing weather. Finally came up with a plan, and took them down to Gene Coulon Park, along with the rod of choice, and tried each, to see if they all fell the same. They did all fall the same, which was a huge disappointment to me. I had great hopes that I had gotten a lemon, but no such luck.

All of the colors were transparent enough to see the weight transfer or clackers or whatever they are properly called. They all worked in the same manner, and I'm convinced that they worked as intended and per design. The lures just didn't do what I expected, as shown in the video with the #80 size version. From my experience, I'd suggest going with the Spinbait 80 or perhaps another brand. I'd be interested in seeing some video of the Storm and other brands of spybaits in the water, falling on a slack line.

FYI, I shipped all the stuff that came direct from Duo and the two spybaits from Swendseid back to Mr. Swendseid. Since I didn't pay for them (total of 4, plus a box that they didn't really fit in), I wouldn't feel right keeping them, or especially not selling them. If I decide I need to buy a jerkbait or crankbait, or a 3/8 oz spybait, I'll certainly look at Duo's stuff and give them another try. I was impressed with the build quality and customer service, just not the Spinbait 90.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12