wind direction change

what are some thoughts on wind direction change. fishing a river backwater with lots of cover in stained 75-80 degree water? wind is south/southeast from dawn to midday then suppose to slow down and blow out of the north/northeast. small chance of rain overnight and then partly sunny, high 80s. thanks.

I doubt that those fish in the backwater will be affected very much. The wind switch (S to N) indicates a cold front, which might turn the fish off a tad. But, in the dirty backwater, they should still stick tight to the cover. You might need to slow down after the front goes through. Pick up your flipping rod and pick the cover apart.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

During the calm period as the wind switches, is a good time to take a whiz, have some sammiches, and take a nap.

4. Member
    I was in a cove one day near Arkansas line and completely sheltered from a south wind. Front coming in. Water was clear and there were fish everywhere and they were EATIN. Suddenly wind switched and I looked around and they were gone.