New VROD 300 pro...throttle Question

So I just got my Nitro from a dealer in CA. My throttle lever has the normal neutral forward and reverse detent but also a little button that says "throttle only" I did have the hot foot installed and from my understanding you can have both options of controlling throttle with hot foot and throttle lever...when I asked my dealer he said because I have hot foot they do not come rigged with hand controlled throttle lever. That is only there to put it in gear and that's it. I could of sworn I read that you can control throttle both ways. When I got home I saw a throttle only on off kit that hasn't been used and sealed in bag. The installation looks straight forward. Basically plug n play BUT it does say I need to have DTS calibrated. If my hot foot is calibrated I can't assume the hand throttle will.automatically be too correct? Can I even have the option to use either or must I forgo the hand throttle ? (Easier when docking to use hand for me)? I have no choice but to this to BPS since my dealer is 5 hrs away l. I may just learn to do without it..thanks for any input guys

2. Member
    When you shift it in gear it will move forward or backward at idle speed. Use the hot foot for more than that. Launching and docking I use just the F/R idle. You will get used to it.

It has to be programmed and adjusted via laptop , but yes the hand or foot option is typically in bag. Your shop plugs in hand button and program DTS to accept both.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

4. Member
    Thanks guys!...you guys are awesome. .always appreciate the advice and input