Trim Tilt Fluid help

I was trying to check my trim tilt fluid and spilled a bunch out. When I tried to add it, it began overflowing almost immediately. What's the best way to add the fluid. Not easy with the way the hole is set up.

2. Member
    Did you have the motor all the way up and locked in place with the lever. That is how I do in on my Mercury.

3. Member
    I didn't that's when it spilled out but I did when I was filling it. Do you use a syringe or anything. I just had a bottle with a nipple cap on it.

4. Member
    nip cap will work just fill to bottom of hole replace cap and cycle up and down recheck
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    (nip cap will work just fill to bottom of hole replace cap and cycle up and down recheck)

Any special type of fluid better. Mine hasn't been checked in 20+ years???BF

6. Member
    if it don't leak and works fine leave it alone,merc T&T fluid what I use
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    It does good, just a short bothersome sound (a lil higher pitch noise ) when it shifts from trim to tilt.Thanks Joe..BF

8. Member
    yes sir