Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally, my first glass boat..

I want to thank everyone on this board for answering my various questions I have asked. Many through messages and some through my posts. Your responses helped shape my decision. I will continue to ask more don't worry haha. I decided on a Z21...it's a smooth ride but Def lots to learn. Handles very well....a few things to fix/tweak already...would of thought factory would make it perfect....will wait till slow season to take to BPS
    Last edited by BigBadBass; 09-16-2017 at 12:59 AM.

I need pictures!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    How do you guys post pics? I tried attaching one and it was terribly scaled down did no justice! So I removed. Any info on how to embed pictures in a post will be greatly appreciated. I tried for about an hour and I couldn't delete the post until I figured it out haha

4. Member
    Congrats. Just a quick heads up, get your tires balanced.
    2017 Nitro Z-19

5. Member
    Haha thanks for the tip

6. Member
    Congrats on your purchase, i was gping to go with the z21/300verado but decided to go smaller. There will be quirks with but nothing major, make sure you check the jackplate/motor is not crooked
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

My 15 had wheel weights but, pretty sure a 6 year old stuck them on for fun... hahathere is a section about helping post pics and videos

8. Member
    I have a 2017 z21 with 250 Verado and my jack plate is crooked by at least 3/4" of inch. I don't know how the factory can let these boats go out with them like that.. I thought mine was the only one but I guess not

9. Member
    I would like to know top speed once it's broken

10. Member
    Whatever happened with this boat?

11. Member
    Haha...I'm sure you want pictures? Can someone be so kind to link a page on how to post pics? I tried and it compressed it to a thumbnail. Searched as best I could on how to post but unsuccessful. Haven't taken on speed runs much but easily top 70 mph with full gas, wells and 3 people. One time with 2 people and full gas hit 74mph. Haven't done any true speed runs yet as I'm still learning the boat and spent 4 to 5 trips trying to fix leaks in the plumbing. My reason for a 300 was simply to obtain 70mph no matter the weight and it's doing so quite easily....don't do tourneys but if I did I don't see much value in 300 vs a 250...especially if one plans to sell it in future
    Last edited by BigBadBass; 10-05-2017 at 02:44 AM.

If you have the same plug in the transom as I do you probally need to turn it 3/8ths of a turn more than you think. Also if you fill the livewells some water seams to come between the top of the livewell and the floor. As far a pictures go I send them to my email (that I access on my phone) and in doing so it asks me to send in different sizes, may take a try or two for each picture to get them large enough and small enough at the same time

my maiden voyage I stopped turning the when it was tight, since I didn't want to break the wing off, auto bilge was working that day. Now after 200 uses I blew up a hydrolic line for pp (my fault)
    mand the oil in the bilge I cleaned but just a touch got on the threads and o ring, it turns much easier.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    Haha...I'm sure you want pictures? Can someone be so kind to link a page on how to post pics? I tried and it compressed it to a thumbnail. Searched as best I could on how to post but unsuccessful. Haven't taken on speed runs much but easily top 70 mph with full gas, wells and 3 people. One time with 2 people and full gas hit 74mph. Haven't done any true speed runs yet as I'm still learning the boat and spent 4 to 5 trips trying to fix leaks in the plumbing. My reason for a 300 was simply to obtain 70mph no matter the weight and it's doing so quite easily....don't do tourneys but if I did I don't see much value in 300 vs a 250...especially if one plans to sell it in future
    How about some information such as what prop you running and how many rpms are you turning at 74 mph ,etc,etc, How is it on gas? A thumb nail picture will be better than nothing. What dealer did you purchase from.

Gallons per hour at wide open will be more than an opti, its boosted. But it is not more than 50/1 oiling ratio at wide open in the opti at 40+- $ a gallon. If it's 4gph more than an opti at 24.5 gph in two hours you burn a gallon of dfi or 8 gallons of fuel at 3$ each. 40 vs 24. They carry a load well and at 2.6 meters it can sip gas if that's what you want

15. Member
    You can get DFI oil cheaper. I buy it at my local marine dealer in a box of 3 gallons at $28 per gallon. I found it online at $25 per gallon after factoring in shipping. And if you burn that much, you can buy a 55 gallon drum and get it under $20 per gallon. The opti really shines at 4000-4500 however. Incredibly fuel (and oil) efficient there. And don't forget, you do have to buy oil and filter for the v-rod every now and then as well. And you drag around an extra 100+ pounds of weight which is costing a little fuel economy. I think the oil cost on a 2-stroke is often exaggerated when comparing to a 4-stroke.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

I was saying there is no real change in dollars per season after initial purchase, suposibly verodos are weighed with stearing and Optis are not oil in bilge offsets oil in motor so it's closer to 60# but yes it is still more on the back.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    I want to thank everyone on this board for answering my various questions I have asked. Many through messages and some through my posts. Your responses helped shape my decision. I will continue to ask more don't worry haha. I decided on a Z21...it's a smooth ride but Def lots to learn. Handles very well....a few things to fix/tweak already...would of thought factory would make it perfect....will wait till slow season to take to BPS
    Did you ever get a top speed on this boat? Ha ha

18. Member
    Not yet. Been busy past couple months...I've installed some lights, fuse box, speakers, amp and switches for some leds, flood light and future underwater lights haha. Do no speed run yet. Will Def keep you guys posted. I'm happy at 70mph plus loaded but like you curious with min weight etc

19. Member
    I would like to see that boat. Where you fish at?

20. Member
    I would love to post pictures but I tried and they were tiny thumbnails..if any of you guys can give me a brief rundown on how to post pics I would love to show yall. I fish mostly Lake Mead...one of the toughest for greens...but I mostly fish striped bass anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast