Thread: Sorry guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The largie in the photo came from Smith Mountain Lake, returned from Canada last Sunday.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    The largie in the photo came from Smith Mountain Lake, returned from Canada last Sunday.
    Well I hope you had a great summer fishing up here. As mentioned the largies have been a lot of fun to catch this year and they seem to jump, fight harder and meaner than their southern cousins. The big smallies this year has been a puzzle to me my biggest so far this year was a hair over 4 pounds. I'm hoping to catch some of those big girls though this next week. Lake Huron which Georgian Bay is part of has some monster smallies, so I'm hoping to put a few in the boat.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Well I hope you had a great summer fishing up here. As mentioned the largies have been a lot of fun to catch this year and they seem to jump, fight harder and meaner than their southern cousins. The big smallies this year has been a puzzle to me my biggest so far this year was a hair over 4 pounds. I'm hoping to catch some of those big girls though this next week. Lake Huron which Georgian Bay is part of has some monster smallies, so I'm hoping to put a few in the boat.
    I got in a ton of fishing in Ontario this summer including a week with my buddy from London where we had a mat punching extravaganza. I failed to breach the 4 lb. barrier with the largemouths topping out a 3-15 twice while my friend caught a 4-2 in his first hour! It seemed every day was a different pattern and I never did spend any time going after smallmouths, except for a day on the St. Lawrence River where I think a 3-6 was my best fish from a spot that Brandon P. fished a few days later during the Elite Series tournament. I will be back for Columbus Day weekend to close up the cabin and with the warm weather I'm sure the fishing will be decent. This is when I drag the 15' skiff into the water and bolt on a 9.9 kicker for some more primitive style fishing. Last year I caught my biggest largemouth of the season in early October.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12