2017 ZX225 livewell pumpout

Has anyone added this feature to their boat? I thought it came standard but apparently mine doesnt have it. Just mondering if there was a simple install to take care of this. Thanks

Benny Rigney

2. Member
    Push or pull on your recirc nozzzel it redirects the flow and volia!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandybass View Post
    Has anyone added this feature to their boat? I thought it came standard but apparently mine doesnt have it. Just mondering if there was a simple install to take care of this. Thanks
    I think I misunderstood your post, I thought you were referring to the optional pump out hose. Your pump out should be standard equ on the port side live well. Just pull out on the nozzle and hit the recirculating switch.
    Last edited by Skeeter Man; 09-15-2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    Push or pull on your recirc nozzzel it redirects the flow and volia!
    It took me a minute to figure that out when I bought my 15 model......I kept looking at and thinking how the hell does that work... Finally put my hands on it and felt it move....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    Keep an eye on it if you have fish in the livewell. I had a fish bump it to the pump out mode while I was fishing and didn't notice when I hit recirc. and thankfully didn't lose the fish but it could have been bad.

6. Member
    How far is it supposed to pump out? My buddies Triton shoots way out, and my '15 zx250 just kind of shoots up a few inches.

7. Member
    I got a '17 FX and I tried all the tricks that were suggested here and I still can't fill a tourney bag. Maybe, pumps at a height of 3" at the most and that's a generous estimate. I found a short clear hose that will fit the pump out hole and I'm going to try that to fill a tourney bag.

8. Member
    Yep, I believe it's a 3/8 hose stuck in the pump out hole works great! I believe I picked up a 2 ft section at the hardware store for 4 or 5 bucks.

If you'll get a smaller diameter that will work as a reducer that's just big enough even if you have to reduce it twice to make it work you can make it shoot a good stream out water.. if it bothers you that much then put a bigger pump on it...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand