'88 360v Fuel Line Replacement

Has anybody replaced the lines on an older 300 series boat? Tank access is not a problem. I can't get to the lines on the valve in the bilge...is there a trick to it back there? I can MAYBE get to one of the lines, but the hose clamps are all turned the wrong way for me to get a driver on them.

Should be able to pull the valve out still connected to the hoses then replace the hose.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Can you get to the screws that hold the valve in place? Almost removing the valve.

4. Member
    That was the next idea i had, but it seems like they must have backing nuts on the valve screws and i can't get to them.

5. Member
    Ended up drilling them out and still couldn't hardly move the valve. Got it just enough to get a screwdriver on the clamps, but got it done. Probably a lot more trouble than it needed to be....sure wish ranger would've used stainless back in the day!

I feel your pain brother!! I stripped out all my plumbing last year and started fresh. When Ranger built my 360V they placed the pumps under the livewells and totally unaccessable! I moved everything around and replaced my old 500gph pumps with 800gph cartridge style pumps. Also replaced all hoses and valves. Cleaned up the entire bilge area by zip tying all the wires so it's all neat and tidy!

Got any pics of your 360V? I don't see many around any more. Mine turns 30 in October and still running strong!!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

7. Member
    I rose replaced them on my 363 and it was not to much trouble. Take the lines loose at the tank to give you some slack. Take the valve off and pull it out some to remove the lines . Tie your new line to the old one or to a rope and pull through. The second line is a bear to turn the corner at the seat but after a lot of bad language I got it done. What bothered me the most is the hose that I purchased was the same that was in the 88 model boat and it had never been changed. I would not change it unless I was having issues. Ranger evidently used very good hose at that time.

8. Member
    The old hose in the boat looked fine but after getting it out I noticed the line was totally saturated with fuel. You can squeeze it and the line will ooze fuel so I'm very glad I got it changed.

9. Member
    I'm just trying to get the boat in the water right now. When the winter rolls around I imagine I'll tear into the pumps and probably recarpeted.