Thread: Mascoma lake

Mascoma lake

Hi all, We are looking at a seasonal campsite on this lake. It looks to be good size. Does anybody have any experience here. I am wondering if it fishes small and would be boring or if there are other nice bass lakes in the area. The campground seems great. Any help is appreciated.

2. Member
    The camp ground is nice and I believe has docks for there guest. There is a boat ramp a minute from there location. The Baited Hook shack has great food also. It has some pretty good fish in it also. Not the largest lake but decent,
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

3. Member
    It's not a bad lake at all.
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Member
    Thanks for the input, we bought a new trailer today and reserved a season campsite. I think we can get a mooring but there is a waiting list for a dock. Now I have to search for a used fish and ski, deck boat, or a pontoon with a trolling motor in front. I think I'm going to like this!

5. Member
    Driven by it a few times but never fished it. Looks like a nice clean lake. We have fished goose pond a few times for tourneys and that is an awesome bass lake. Tons of structure and big fish. Also you have the CT river close by to break things up if needed.

6. Member
    Goose Pond is right down the road , and I believe the state record smallmouth came from there.. One thing Mascoma does have is giant carp.. Could be something new to try Brian...

7. Member
    Thanks pete, I'm looking forward to this, 5th wheel being delivered Friday. I think I have decided to get a used pontoon for now that has a small space in front to mount a trolling motor. I think that's the only way I can keep my dog comfortable. If you see something please keep me in mind!

8. Member
    Will do Brian..

I hear Ossipee Lake area is a good place to find pontoon boats? is this true???????????????????????

10. Member
    Ive searched craigslist and looked at new. I took the bike all around the laconia side of winni down to alton bay. Not many for sale? I really don't want new until I know I like the whole camping thing. I'm going up for next 3 days and will look in that area. Thanks again for any tips.