Browning Sweet 16

One more day until I head off to Cabela's to pick up my new Browning Sweet 16 A5. Got the voicemail it is in & available for pickup. Hope to be there Saturday morning when the store opens. I opted for the 26 inch barrel. Primarily will be used for Rabbit hunting, a little back yard clay shooting.

Pretty excited, this will be the nicest shotgun I've ever purchased. Always wanted a Benelli Ultralight 20, but when the new A5 was released I started comparing the ballistics of a 20 gauge 3" magnum vs the 2 3/4" 16ga. Seems the 16 holds a better pattern of shot.

An O/U is definitely nicer quality fit and finish plus they seem to point better for me, but I have to admit they are out of my league price wise, the A5 was about as expensive as I could afford to go. Hope I like it.

2. Member
    Those original old school sweet 16s were downright awesome.

3. T Dub
    Hopefully there will be an increase in 16 gauge ammo production

4. Member
    The new A5 now has an aluminum receiver & under 6 lbs. The infamous "hump" is still there just not as pronounced.

5. Banned
    Enjoy it.

My great grandfather had one of the old schools. Use to win turkey shoot after turkey shoot. He and my grandfather were rabbit hunting when a covey of quail jump out from under my grandfather. It scared him so bad he pulled the trigger and shot the sweet 16 out of my great grandfathers hands. Ruined the gun but great grandad was fine. Never will forget that story.

7. Member
    You can buy 16ga. all day at Able's - https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/gau...626_16378.html

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Those original old school sweet 16s were downright awesome.
    I still have mine. Dad bought it in the 60's. It hasn't been out of the safe in years. I'd hate to try to count all the squirrels and rabbits I killed with it.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

9. Member
    Got one that was my Grandads. Newer ones have a action more like my super black eagle.
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

10. Member
    I LOVE my new A5 in 12ga, I haven't touched my benelli super black in 2 years.

11. Member
    Should've bought through a local shop. Cabelas prices are basically msrp. Can find them much cheaper through local gun shops.

12. Member
    At one time ( at the peak of my collecting ) I had 4 Belgium Sweet 16's out of 13 A5's. Wish I had them back for what I owned them for.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs