Thread: Old Poes

Old Poes

I have a lot of old Poes is there a way to tell if they were California or Mexican? Bill

2. Member
    Good question. I'll be waiting for the experts to chime in on this one. I am pretty sure there is a way. The sure way I know of is buy the ones in the old fish shaped package...lol. I THINK that I read somewhere years ago that the early ones might have the copper o-rings and maybe even copper line ties on some of them? Please don't take that as gospel as my memory isn't what it once was. But I do know this, over the years I have sold off some of my Poe's and some will definitely go for more money than others. And it doesn't matter if it is a common color or not so I am thinking that there is something on them that collectors/fishermen can tell the old from the new. But as I said, I am waiting on the experts to let us know.

3. Member
    I would think someone knows? Thanks for the responsl and some good info Preacher. Bill

4. Member
    I believe that Eddie has the right info, however, I'm definitely not an expert on Poes.